Saturday, October 18, 2003

Five More...

...Oktoberfests to go. I'm tired. Why am I so tired? Is it because I'm old? Is it because I eat nothing nutritional anymore (and in fact have relatively given up on cooking altogether) and have also eschewed the daily vitamin taking?

I saw two pictures of myself last night, and I had dark circles under my eyes of heroin addict proportions.

That makes me miss my old driver's license. I loved the picture on my old driver's license. It looked like a mug shot, like I'd just been arrested for heroin possession. I was unsmiling, with those self-same circles, wearing a denim jacket, giving a "fuck you" look to the camera.

In my latest driver's license picture, I'm clean and scrubbed up, look much older, and have an expression on my face that, well, upon seeing the picture a friend of mine said, "Oh. It looks like you just sat on a tack." I have to live with that till 2005.

Speaking of sitting on tacks, well, not really, speaking of taking pictures, I, on my last day of my first week of vacation, watched an episode of "Freaks and Geeks" on video. As most of you know, this is the last TV series I really liked, so of course it finished in extremely short order (1 season), and found a small afterlife on Fox Family channel, where I was lucky enough to get all the episodes on tape. The show starts out with Joan Jett singing "Bad Reputation," and shows all the cast members getting their school pictures made. And the bad headshots they all get.

By the way, the episode I chose to watch is I guess my favorite of all, the dual-storylined "Mr & Mrs Weir tell Lindsday she can't see Kim Kelly anymore (Mr Weir: "She's as dumb as a crayon! She's a bad banana!"), and "Bill gets tired of being picked last in gym class so he makes an anonymous call to the gym teacher" ("You're a turd. A stinky turd. Go sniff a jockstrap, you poophead. You like patting boys' butts. Butt-patter!"). A classic hour of television watching if there ever was one.

I've become concerned that the upheaval and subsequent move has damaged Betland. I don't think I broke her or anything, I know I didn't drop her. The blogs just haven't been much since I moved. Maybe I need time to work my way into things. Maybe is the Oktoberfest Fatigue. Maybe I need to start vitamins again. Do they have brain vitamins? I think I need some of those too.

Anyway, I'll try not to worry about it too much. I mean, hell, I saw Eddie Izzard this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home