Thursday, October 30, 2003

Hi

OK. So I'm tired and blogless.

I actually began a blog yesterday, and Lord have mercy, it was the strangest thing. It was going to tell the story of one of our clients, someone I really like, and a story of something that happened to her, and it was going to incorporate some of the folksy whimsy that comes with living in a small town. Instead it started about living in a small town, and took a turn into telling about clients I've been very fond of here at TheCompanyIWorkFor who've died. It got really dark and ugly. I saved it, unfinished, onto a disk. Maybe I'll work on it when I take a dip into depression and can give it the treatment it deserves.

Right now all that seems to be on my mind is the end of Oktoberfest. It's ending with a rush. I had to go to B'burg for Community Band practice last night, then tonight it's back to B'burg for a Sauerkraut Band gig for some old folks, and Friday and Saturday it'll be up to Mountain Lake for the Final Oktoberfest Weekend Blowout.

And on Sunday, I'll sleep. And Monday, and Tuesday. So don't call me or ring my doorbell. I won't answer.

And I won't wear a dress and hose again for months.

And then maybe I can get back to some real movie watching. I'd been averaging about 20 movies a month up until September, then in September and October, about 8 a month. Piddly. Piddly, piddly, piddly. I need a big November and December flourish to make sure I get past my 200 for the year. I also need to write about some movies I've seen lately. There've been some interesting ones in there, and I don't just mean "Thunderbirds Are Go!" either.

Seems Mr M's arm is not healing as it should, and he may have to have surgery and physical therapy. Not that I'd ever say "I told you so," we all know I'm not that kind of girl, but I kept telling him that 1) there was no way he would be healed in 3 weeks (he was sure he would, I don't know if he got that from a doctor or concocted it in his head), and 2) that with no kind of stablization of that arm (cast, sling) and him swinging it around and playing the clarinet with it, it'd probably never heal. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home