Thursday, October 09, 2003

I'm A Loser....
I'm A Loooooooser....~


And I'm not what I appear to be....~

Well, at least for a while I'm not. But you'll get used to the new look, I hope.

So.

Hi guys! I'm back! My week of hell seems to be winding down, my hands unbound, and the duct tape ripped from my mouth. And I can blog.

I'm not going to go into all the gory details, except to say a few things. First of all, Comcast, my internet people, are total fuckheads and bastards. I mean this, and I will say this from now till the end of time. Or the end of Comcast, whichever comes first. I should have known I'd end up in such a state with them, considering 1) I never thought their TV cable service was worth much, but it's all we here in B'field have access to, and 2) Past internet problems have gone ignored and unsolved before, so I can't say I was surprised at their complete dunderheadedness at the explanation of any problem.

Like I said, I don't want to go too deeply into this problem, but it had to do with ftp and the fact that Comcast wouldn't support the ftp Blogger uses all of a sudden. I've been either online or on the phone with them since Saturday. I've gotten:

*Abruptly disconnected in mid-sentence - twice.
*Told all I needed was to pick Comcast's ftp to their own website, and it would be fine. They wouldn't hear that that's not how Blogger works.
*Told "I know nothing about websites, Blogger, or ftp" - a dozen times.
*Told "I don't know a lot about Comcast's web service. Comcast isn't even my internet provider."
*Told "If you're able to surf the net, there's nothing wrong with your connection."

And finally, today, I was told, by "The Total Expert" on all things websites, that no, Comcast didn't support the ftp type anymore, no, they couldn't enable anything else, that was a higher section of service "In Philadelphia," and that it wasn't going to happen. And that I was out of luck and no amount of staying on the phone would get me what I wanted.

Well, Fuck You, Comcast. I hate your guts.

Now. On the good side. The people at Blogger could not have been nicer. I sent one plea for help and got no answer. So I sent another. And that time got a very quick reply from a lovely lady named Christine, who went way beyond that extra mile to help me out. When I explained that Comcast rudely brushed me off, she said she hoped she could make me smile by offering me a complimentary BlogSpot Plus account. Which I thought was terrific, and I grabbed it and growled. So I opened up a new page, and she upgraded for me, all in the span of about a half hour.

And after my web maven Stennie got my goodies (Weatherpixie, Carey Salt Soldier, Blogroll) moved for me, and after about four changes of template, I think we've got a Betland we can all live with.

All I need to do now is give you a link on the side to get back to my old blog if you need/want any archives.

Oh, and you blogrollers and bookmarkers might want to change me, if you don't mind.

And now things might get back to normal. Um, normalesque.

Just remember: Comcast: Bad. Blogger: Good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home