Thursday, November 13, 2003

Hey, Mr M

My friend Mr M:

* went back to school to get his degree in psychology

* is a card-carrying atheist

* roomed in college with sax-man Lou Marini, met John Cleese in an airport, and once had lunch with Peter Schickele, aka PDQ Bach

* is a close personal friend of Captain Asshole's

* is arrogant, opinionated, and infuriating

* got me into the Sauerkraut Band

* once biked across country

* is totally scared of little girls

* is the best clarinet player I've ever heard

* has helped my clarinet playing by leaps and bounds

* makes the world's best Tuna Pasta Salad

* loves Mark Twain, "Lonesome Dove," and "Moby Dick"

* thinks Albert Ellis can save anyone

* can make me laugh, whether it's with a line like "Eye pokers only come through the front door" or just a well-timed "pbbbbbbbbt"

* can also make me cry - weep - sob

* never fails to chuckle at the Eddie Izzard line "I got babies on spikes. Ya wanna rack o babies? I got babies on racks."

* was born November 13, 1949

Happy Birthday, Mr M!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home