Wednesday, November 12, 2003

A small Tuesday ramble....

I watched "Finding Nemo" last night (as you probably have guessed below), and found it to be an immensely sweet and entertaining movie. I love those guys at Pixar, they haven't floundered yet.

I took the "which character are you" test at quizilla and ended up being Nemo himself, which was a surprise, although not a bad surprise. It's just that if we're talking personalities here, I'm much more of a Marlin (Nemo's dad) in reality, but while I'm wishing, I really wanted to be Dory.

I spent most of the day today at work hating TheCompanyIWorkFor. I mean, actively hating them. See, they have these corporate weasels who don't know their ass-ends from a hole in the ground coming up with all these ideas to make us work better - and believe me, folks, they're dumb ideas, a child could see it - then when we do what they tell us, and it doesn't work, guess what. It's our fault. And we get punished. Today we found out that we're being yanked from our underwriter, our favorite person at TheCompanyIWorkFor, because we didn't meet some percentage requirements from corporate, after doing exactly what they told us to do! Fuckers. Every one of them, TheCompanyIWorkFor fuckers.

When it got quiet at work, I rebelled by doing some serious surfing. I checked out my Gold Box at Amazon. Oooooooooh! A veritable smorgasboard of crap. I was offered, for 50 bucks or so, a "Lenox Butler's Pantry Alternative Metal Bowl." Does this mean it's some sort of some alternative metal - like tin - and they're afraid to tell us, or does it mean alternative in a real punk/new wave kind of way? "It's an alternative metal bowl, man. It'll mosh your fruit altogether till you get salad right there at the table." I was also offered a Sony Discman for $85.99, that's a real groovin' deal considering I can get one anywhere in town for $24.99. Let's see, I was also offered an electronic toothbrush (already got one), computer modem (don't need one), and a mitre saw (I'd cut my hand off). Finally, I had the unique and not-to-be-missed opportunity to buy an espresso maker for $1869.95. And even though it'd be almost worth that to be able to yell out my door to passing strangers, "Wait! Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!" I had to pass on the offer.

As of tonight, I'm totally caught up on laundry, and my car is finally clean. Can't beat that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home