Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Acrowinners!

It's been a long day. Please forgive my being late with winners.

First, I have to say something. I found myself on my mom's sofa at about 4pm today, dead to the world. I woke up just in time to see the Mario show on the Food Network.

You know how on cooking shows they have three or four people sitting at the bar where the star of the show cooks? And they ask questions or help out, or mainly just eat the star's culinary delights? Well, today on Mario, there were three people at the bar. Some guy, some girl, and Michael Stipe.

Now, to say this is odd is something of an understatement. He was never introduced as Michael Stipe, frontman for REM, or as anything else. He was just one of three schlubs watching Mario cook. Geez, it was odd.

Anyway, this week's very wily letters were U I R I Y. The entries:

*Undulating, I rise into you.
*Ugly! Icky! Roy is yours!
*Uncle Izzy rhymes in Yiddish.
*Unless I'm right, it's yucky.
*Ugly Ida really inspires yelling.
*Ubersturmfuhrer Ivan: rapist, idiot, yutz
*Ursula is right: I'm yummy!
*Unbelieveably inebriated, right in Yonkers.
*Ugly idiot requires interminable yelling.
*Unused intellect rendered idiotic yahoo.
*Under Isabel, Riley itemized yachts.
*Underneath ivy roofs, I yearn.
*Unless it's red, it's yellow.
*Unbelievably irate rabbis in yarmulkes.
*Urine is really interestingly yellow
*Up Izzard's rump, imagine: Yacks!
*Ukranians ingest rennet, ice cream, Yoda
*Urinary infections recur if you.....
*Ugly, irrational Rumanians in Yukon.
*Until it rains, I'm yours.
*Under Igloos, Rudolph Is Yelling.
*Unless I Read, I Yodel.
*Ugly Iris Really Is Yellow.

You know, my number one rule is "never throw the letters back." I tell you that so you'll know that as bad as those letters were, I had to give them to you.

Well, first honors go to Kellie with "Unless I read, I yodel." I know Kellie, and happen to know that this is completely true.

LilyG's "Ubersturmfuhrer Ivan: rapist, idiot, yutz." not only described wretched man, but made me laff as well.

And deepfatfriar's "Until it rains, I'm yours" was stellar, as was his "Urinary infections recur if you...." (a double honor there)

But this week's winner is the sex machine himself, Mike, with his declaration "Unless it's red, it's yellow."

Thanks to all for playing, and hope you're around next week for what is shaping up to be a very special round of acro!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home