Monday, December 22, 2003

Broke

It was Christmas Eve, babe
In the drunk tank
An old man said to me
Won't see another one
And then he sang a song
The Rare Old Mountain Dew
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you

Got on a lucky one
Came in eighteen to one
I've got a feeling
This year's for me and you
So Happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true....


When I mentioned the Mighty Triumverate of Modern Christmas Songs, I can't believe I left out "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues. Good Lawks a Mercy. Not only is it the greatest Christmas song, it may be one of the greatest songs of all time.

And having said that, yes, I'm broke. Not monetarily broke, believe it or not, but my computer is. It's been wacko ever since I installed XP, but since the weekend it's gone beyond wacko into full manic depressive stages. It's up, it's down, it's up, it's down. Mainly down.

It's supposed to be looked at tonight by Mr M. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, keep good thoughts in that direction. I will make sure the holiday edition of Acro gets posted, even if I have to risk my job to publish it from TheCompanyIWorkFor. So stick around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home