Thursday, December 04, 2003

The Greatest Thing

You know, it was only a few months ago that we here in our little corner of Blogland were extolling the virtues of Getting A Surprise In The Mail. I don't know if the consensus came to be that it was the best thing in the whole world, but I'm sure it finished in the top two.

Well, guess what. Today, this cold, rainy, ugly, Thursday morning, when the mail came and they plopped mine down upon my desk here at TheCompanyIWorkFor, along with a bill, a letter from Jimmy Carter (don't get excited; he wanted money), and a little note from my folks, there was a cushy 5 X 7 manilla envelope. It was from Michelle.

Hmmmm, I thought. This is interesting.

I opened it up to find a Hard Rock Cafe pin. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I like to collect the little guitar pins from Hard Rock Cafes from hither and yon. Some I've been to, others are souvenirs from travelling friends.

Apparently when Mitchie was out west going to a wedding - well, that was the excuse, we all know she was out west to see the one and only Stennie - the two of them headed to Newport Beach, where Michelle got me a Newport Beach Hard Rock guitar pin.

Wowie wow wow, I can't tell you what a day-brightener that was.

I've been thinking for a while now that I need to display my pins in a different way. Right now they're on my bulletin board at work, all stacked in a line, along with the other pictures and buttons and concert tickets and the like. I was thinking it'd be cute if i could take a map of the US and mount it over a cork board, and stick my pins in the places where they're from. Then of course, I'd have London and Edinburgh and the Caribbean ones out there in the ocean. Good idea? Yay? Nay?

Well, this is probably the last you'll hear from me till Sunday. It seems this weekend is indeed the TheCompanyIWorkFor Christmas Girls' Weekend Away. For the past couple of years, in lieu of a Christmas dinner, we've been chucking the spouses and kids and going away on our own to shop, eat, and what have you. (Actually, shopping and eating is about it.) The digs and meals are paid for by the boss, so that's cool. It's a tiring thing, though. Does the phrase "As much fun as you can stand" ring a bell?

Anyway, wish me luck, and see you Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home