Monday, December 08, 2003

I watched a documentary about John Lennon tonight. About halfway through, I realized today is the anniversary of John's death.

I miss John. I don't think about it. I don't sit around and pine, saying, "Oh God, I wish John Lennon was here." But I miss him. I can finally hear Beatles songs again without being sad, that took awhile. However, there are some songs that will always make me misty, "In My Life" and "Norwegian Wood" being the top two on that list.

Towards the end of the documentary they played an audio clip of John talking about "Double Fantasy." He was saying that he was singing it to the people his age, who were there at the beginning and had grown up like he did. And he was saying he wanted to let them know, hey, I made it out of everything OK, did you, did you find happiness and love, and weren't the 70s a drag, and let's go on to the 80s now.

And that really made me miss John. Because we did make it out OK. But we can't tell him that.

Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home