Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Acrowinners!

Hi ho, gang. And here is why I'm always asking for volunteers to judge. You guys are getting too clever for me!

We got a great round of acros this week, so with further ado, wait, no, that should be without further ado. I don't want ado messing all this up. Without further ado, wait, by doing that, I guess I had further ado, right? Oh, well. Anyway, I'm now going to announce the winners.

The letters this week were Y A L S E R M. The entries:

*You always leave soot everywhere, Ramblin’ Man!
*Youth, alight lingering sentiments! Every reality manifests.
*Yellowtail? Akagai? Lobster? Sushi everyone remembers: Miyagis!
*Yelling, Allen Leaped. Soaring. Eaglelike. Real Madness.
*Yowsers! All Laura's Sisters Eat Red Meat.
*Yesterday Alice Loved Seth. Everyday, Random Men.
*You always love silly, erudite, raunchy men.
*Yep -- apparently Lily seems evil. Really mean. (well, it worked last week)
*Yikes, acronyms lose sense, eventually repel meaning.
*Young Abraham Lincoln stopped eating red meat.
*Yoda and Luke Skywalker elevated R2D2 mentally.
*You are lazy! Start exercising! Run, Mish!
*You and Larry seem extremely randy, Mom.
*Yes, Alan loves sometimes Eagle Randy Meisner.
*Years ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd embraced Rastafarian Mysticism.
*Yellow argyle lingerie serriptitiously emasculates randy men.
*You always look sexy, especially 'round midnight.
*Yasar Arafat loathes Sharon's enormous rump mounds.
*Yesterday's Anchovy Lasagna Suprise: especially risky meal.
*You aren't lost, sir. Everyone's roaming mindlessly.
*Your aunt -- lustily, savvily -- enjoyed raunchy mimes.
*Yodelling, Arnold "Letcher" Schwarzenegger ejaculated, repulsing many.
*Y'all, Acroing like shit exasserbates reputational mediocracies.
*Young, acid loving shiites enjoy reefer, meth.
*Young anglophiles lovingly serve English rancid meat.
*You always leave someone else really mad.
*Youth, ardor, loveliness, sexiness...excess repels men.

Wow. Some gems in there, man. Although, you know how it's funny that when you look at an acronym for the first time certain letters just stick out at you? I was expecting at least one acro telling me something juicy about "Yale Alumni."

But there you go.

Honorable Mentions: I loved DeepFatFriar's "You always look sexy, especially 'round midnight." That's me, you know. I look sexy round midnight - if the lights are off!

Michelle's "Yodelling, Arnold "Letcher" Schwarzenegger ejaculated, repulsing many" conjured up a picture in my mind that I'm still trying to erase with Comet Cleanser.

This week's runner-up goes to Flipsy with her fine "You always leave soot everywhere, Ramblin' Man!" I don't know, it just caught me and hung on. I see Flipsy standing at the door, arms akimbo, yelling that one.

But the winner this week, and our first repeat winner for a long long time was Mr Mike with "Years ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd embraced Rastafarian Mysticism." I mean, when you have a classic, you have a classic. And that's a classic.

Thanks for all who played, and come by next week to play again. mmm-wah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home