Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Acrowinners!

We have winners, we have winners!

Well, in actuality, guys...you're all winners.

When I pulled this series of letters out yesterday I honestly thought, "Damn, what a hard bunch of letters." And there are so many good entries this week it's killing me to have to make a decision. There are no fewer than seven entries that I want to win. So whether or not you won or made Honorable Mention, rest assured that your acro rocked.

The letters were W A I A R E. The entries:

*Wait...am I a real empath?
*W.: an idiot, a republican, evil.
*Wallowing about in a rotund elephant.
*What an iceberg! Ahoy, reverse engines!
*Well, apparently I am really evil.
*Whooville attracts insanely antisocial reptilian egotists.
*When Alice ignores Archie, revenge ensues.
*Wedding? All I . . . (. . . alcohol . . . reminiscing . . . erection . . .)
*Where all ignoramuses are rewarded, evacuate!
*When are igloos acceptable retirement escapes?
*Who ate Ingrid’s “Artichoke Raisin Extravaganza?”
*Why are idiots always running everything?
*Why am I always ruining engagements?
*Wiseass artificial intelligence: "(A)bort, (R)etry, (E)xterminate?"
*Whoa! Arnold isn't acting? Recall election!
*When Amy Irving attacks Rupert Everett
*Why am I a rock euphoniumist?
*Woeful admission: I admire Robert Evans.

Ooooookay, let's get going.

Right off the bat, Jellybean's "Wallowing around in a rotund elephant" made me giggle profusely, which is always a winner.

And Venice's "Wiseass artificial intelligence: "(A)bort, (R)etry, (E)xterminate?" was totally ingenious.

Deepfatfriar's "Wedding? All I . . . (. . . alcohol . . . reminiscing . . . erection . . .)," well, let's just say a little too much information about his younger days!

Flipsy's "When are igloos acceptable retirement escapes?" is a question for the realty hall of fame.

And this week's runner up is LilyG, with her epiphinal realization, "Well, apparently I am really evil." We love ya, Lily.

But the winner this week, the entry that I'm still laughing over, and want so much to console the poor fella, is Mike's "Why am I a rock euphoniumist?"

So good on ya, Mike. And please, stick to guitar. And congratulations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home