Friday, January 16, 2004

Friday Five

It's Friday, I'm tired, I'm laundried out, and I just don't seem to be able to expound upon the idea I had for a blog tonight. So I'm going to take a few steps back in time, back when I used to do the weekly Friday Five.

(ps - I'm contmeplating a midnight trip into town tonight to see if I can steal a brick from the Town Hall rubble. Just for shits and giggles. I'll let you know if I actually do it.)

The Friday Five:

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails? It changes from time to time. Normally it's movie quotes or Eddie Izzard lines. What's on there right now is the first time I've had something original as my sig line. It's "The world does not revolve around you. I know, because it revolves around me."

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be? We didn't have senior yearbook quotes, but when we were seniors we had to design little coats-of-arms for ourselves, and at the bottom had to be a quote of our choosing. I chose "The most useless of all days is that in which we have not laughed." Still a pretty good thought.

3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say? I've had several sets of vanity plates on my car, all having to do with music and artists. The one I had the longest, up until I bought the podmobile, was "DRIVER 8," a reference to an REM song. Then people started equating it with NASCAR drivers, so I had to ditch it pronto. Now I have a non-vanity plate, but with a little drawing on it of a patriot in a tri-corner hat playing a fife - with music notes. Thanks for that one, Virginia.

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say? Well. I had originally answered this no, I've never gotten an engraved gift. Boy. Was I wrong. Mr M so rightly noted that he himself gave me the wonderful plaque on my front door that reads "The Poderosa Est 2001."

5. What would you like your epitaph to be? Eeesh, I hate questions like this. How about, "The world will mourn for years." Or else, "It took you long enough to get here."

PS - speaking of fives, there's a really fun website out there: www.5ives.com. Some guy out there who has maybe more time on his hands than even I do is furiously making lists of top fives. Some are inspired. I wish I had the ability to come up with ideas like this.

Um....Mike? Ideas, please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home