Sunday, January 25, 2004

Snow Day

Hello. It's snowed and iced down all day today. I've spent the entire day inside, by myself, sleeping, watching movies, and growing very tired of my own company. It's left me with something of a headache. But I'll soldier on. For you, I'll soldier!

First order of business, I got (thanks to Mr M who recorded it, and to Stennie, who turned it into mp3 version) Friday's radio essay online. If you care to listen to it, go here:

Listen to me!

Now. Other than that, what can a person do after 12 or so hours of waltzing around the house by herself? I've laid on every inch of my furniture, practiced my clarinet, washed clothes, dried clothes, waded through the quicksand that is html, and so now what else is there to do, other than slather Soltice on my head and nap my way till tomorrow?

Well, since tomorrow is Trash Day, let's look in my refrigerator and see what's there. And Betland must stress that you must be at least 16 years of age, five feet tall, and not of the pregnant persuasion to go along on this particular ride.

What's In Bet's Refrigerator 1/25/04:

*Texas Pete Hot Sauce
*Barbecue Sauce
*½ Jar Prego Spaghetti Sauce
*One bottle Reisling, opened, about a month old but with a replacement cork (should I give up on that yet?)
*3 bottles of Warsteiner beer, approximately 2 years old
*2 large pickle jars with just the leftover pickle juice in them
*1 Jar pickles
*Brown mustard
*Dijon Mustard
*Cheese
*Container leftover chicken soup, approximately 6 weeks old (it goes tonight, btw)
*"Instant" bacon (you know, the kind you heat for 5 minutes and it's done)
*Orange Juice
*Ketchup
*Hidden Valley Ranch Country French salad dressing
*Bottle of Smirnoff Ice, approximately 1 year old
*Lemon juice, the kind that comes in a big plastic lemon
*Wendy's Italian salad dressing, 22 packets (I told you I eat a lot of their salads)
*Wendy's Creamy Ranch dressing, 1 packet

In other words, unless you really like Italian salad dressing, give me notice if you're coming to my house for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home