Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Tuesday Tidbits

* You know how you feel like you're supposed to see something because everyone says it's so great? I've felt like this about those damned "Lord of the Rings" movies since they first came out. Everyone raves, everyone grovels, everyone nominates for the big awards. I've not been able to force myself into renting any or going to any because I just don't like that sort of thing. I hated trying to read Tolkien; I didn't understand it and it was dumb. And so tonight one of my movie channels was showing the first LOTR movie. And I thought, perfect. The first one. My great opportunity to start into this series and be like everybody else. I got approximately six minutes into the movie and turned the channel. Maybe I don't need to axe my "Movies I Didn't Make It Through" list just yet.

* I really like the game Cranium. I played it last month at Mr M's "academia" party, I was on the losing team but it was still a lot of fun. Then I got it for Christmas and played it again the other night. Taytie and I were a team. It was a blast. I rock at the "humdinger" questions; I can hum like nobody's business. The only time my humming wasn't a success is when I had to get Taytie to guess "Sweet Emotion," a song I wasn't even sure if he knew. So I was humming and "Nuh nuhnuh nuhnuh'ing" and he kept saying, "go back to the first part, go back!" (that would be the "sweeeeeeeet emooooooTION" part), and finally he said, "Sweet....Sweet.....Sweet...." EEEHHHHHHH. Time ran out. Then he said "Emotion." grrrr. Taytie was rocking himself at the charade questions, getting me to guess both "walk the plank" and "quadruple bypass surgery." (oh, and did I mention we won?)

* According to my confirmation email, my computer was shipped at 6:15 this morning!! I don't know if there's a chance or not I'll get it by Friday, but if I would it would rock. Then we could have an acrochallenge not on this machine, which is still incredibly slow and oddly enough, hard to blog on. Blogger looks slightly different on it, and there is no up and down scroll bar. So it's very hard to go back and review what you've written. Therefore, any glaring typos lately, please forgive me for. Yes, I end sentences with a preposition whenever possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home