Friday, February 13, 2004

Day of the Zombie

It's official. I've crossed into the world of the Undead.

And therefore, I shall keep things tonight short. However, in this day I've:

* Arisen at 7am, after (yet again) no sleep, and after the fitful sleeplessness, more tired than I was when I went to bed.

* Tried to fix my hair, which was really cute last night, and ended up this morning looking like Larry Fine's of the Three Stooges.

* Before even getting to my car, fallen down the one step into my den and nearly hitting the floor, and fallen down the two steps outside my house, nearly hitting the ground.

* Stalked a little old lady pushing a buggy through the Wal-Mart parking lot, stalked her with my car, because she walked right out in front of me and defiantly put her hand up for me to stop. I drove about two inches behind her all the way to her car.

* Wandered through the Wal-Mart looking for the cupcakes Taytie wanted for Valentine's Day. Encountered every walk of poke-ass in every aisle standing there with the dead lice falling off them. Almost cried when the express lane turned out to be the "standing 20 minutes while a new girl learns how to work the scanner" lane.

* Resisted crying because drugs have made my body so dehydrated and void of moisture, conjuring up a tear would have taken more energy than I had.

* Finally made it home, and, in an effort to sleep, climbed into the Comfy Chair with a blankie.

* Started to float away to dreamland - only to have the phone ring. Mom says it's cold in Florida, btw. (oddly enough, she didn't know what it was like here) (oddly enough, never fell back asleep)

So, it's been a long week. I know, big deal, we all have them. This is true. The hormone pills are now over with and tonight's the last night of the antibiotic pack. Maybe things will get better. (And no matter how bad this week was, it's still beating the hell out of any week in 2003.)

And by the way, wasn't it kind of cruel of Barbie to break up with Ken two days before Valentine's Day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home