Saturday, February 28, 2004

Thank Yous & Linky McLinklink

I'll be scarce this weekend; not only is this afternoon the first gig of the reformed (really! we've reformed, officer!) Clarinet Choir, but I'm also having a late-ish birthday celebration with Mr M tonight. He's making me tuna pasta salad and there could be surprises.

Speaking of birthdays, yes, mine was Thursday and overnight I became more feeble and senile. I guess it really does work that way, huh. However, I'd like to just say a huge public thank-you to everyone out there for their gifts, cards, well-wishes, kind words, thoughts, and, yes, singing telegrams. This was to be the first birthday that I can remember I would be spending all by myself and instead of it being a quiet day of reflection it turned into a happy, laugh-filled day. I've said it here before, but it can't be said enough, world: I really do have the coolest friends on earth.

Let's talk about being offended some more. I saw something yesterday on e-Bay that's so offensive it's beyond words. I can't believe Mr Peabody himself hasn't gotten his crack team of lawyers (of which he is one, of course) to sue over this abortion. It must be seen to be believed:

Go here and gird your loins

Oh, bllllleeeeeccccccch. It just makes me shiver.

On the other hand, though, this little item is going to be mine:

Go here and kvell

Wish me luck on that one. He'd look great beside my hopping lederhosen, walking ice cream cone, waddling penguin, lumbering robot, and scooting Mr Burns and Smithers in a swan boat.

Happy weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home