Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Acrowinners!

Hello, hello, I'm alienating everyone around me with my germs and my demeanor. So before I make any enemies (or in this week's case, enemas), let's get straight to the judging.

This week's doctorial letters were Q N I A R E T. The entries?

*Queasiness? Nausea? Indigestion? Apply rectal enema therapy.
*Quick, nurse! It's a really enormous tapeworm!
*Quack? No, I'm a Rational Emotive Therapist.
*Queasy? Now I anticipate really ejecting throwup.
*Quick, nurse! I absolutely require Elizabeth's temperature
*Quelling needless injuries -- a radiologist's extreme triumph.
*Quiet! Nurse - Instrument. Allen's Ready. Eject Tonsils.
*Queer, Ned Is Already Running. Enema. Tsk.
*Quandry. Needing Injections, Alice Returned. Exceptionally Tentative.
*Quinine Needle Inserted In Ass. Really Erotic Tonic
*Qualified? Need Insurance? Ask Ronco. Estimates, terrific!
*Quinn, Nursing Intern, Applies Rum - Eliminates Toxins!
*Quite nice inside ambulance. Really enjoyable trip
*"Quality narcotics is available" replied Emergency Technician
*Quickly Nurse! It's asthma. Respiratory effort troublesome.
*Quacks? Not in a respectable establishment, Tex.
*Quote: "Nurse, I've a really enraged testicle."
*Quiverers, narcissists, inhalant addicts request extra Tylenol.

Wow, it was all I'd hoped for. First of all, shout outs to LilyG and MSAGRO for being brave enough to take on last week's forbidden OAAQA acro.

Tonight's first Honorable Mention struck me not only for its creativity, but for the vivid picture it painted in my head. MSAGRO's "Quite nice inside ambulance. Really enjoyable trip." I don't know, I just picture some old geezer, head split open, laying back there enjoying the ride thinking, "Hmmm, this ain't bad."

Kellie's "Queer. Ned is already running. Enema. Tsk." There's so much about this one to love. The thought of poor Ned. The nonchalant wondering of his nurse. And that mysterious "Tsk" at the end. Was the enema given wrong? Was there an "accident" after poor Ned started running? Who knows?? All I know is that it gets Honorable Mention too.

This week's runner-up just made me laugh, so there. Of course, laughing makes me cough, so I shouldn't award it anything, but it's Michelle's "Qualified? Need insurance? Ask Ronco. Estimates, terrific!" The thought of Ronco selling health insurance (if you're qualified!) just makes me laugh. And cough.

However. There are winners, and there are winners. And there are great acros, and there are classics. And then there are those that rise into the stratosphere past genius where no man dare treads. This week's winner is the DeepFatFriar with "Quack? No, I'm a Rational Emotive Therapist." It was just, well, I wept. That's all I can say.

Thanks to all who played. You've all done very well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home