Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Well, I offered and you responded, and now it's here. So don't say you didn't ask for it, buckos!

Without further ado, may I now introduce to you the...

My CD Player is Still Broken And I'm Still Having To Listen To Cassettes In My Car Quiz

The quiz is in one form only: snippets of song lyrics. To get full credit (2½ points), you need the song and the artist. Song or artist alone will get you one point.

Part One: 80s Mix Tapes. All these come from various 80s mix tapes I've made. These are the hard ones, people. You get even half of these, you're good.

1. We will rape and pillage in the village of his choice
2. Got a zebra by the tail and a pop-gun in my hand
3. There's matches in the bathroom just below the stairs
4. Oh but the prestige and the glory
5. He said, "Hey, I know it's dangerous, but it sure beats Riker's"
6. Brother's got a date to keep he can't hang around
7. I'm almost home, there's the 7-11
8. If I stop I could lose my head, so I'm losing you instead
9. The lights are on, but no one's there
10. Exactly who am I supposed to be?
11. I had it made like a mountain range with a snow white pillow for my big fat head
12. From high on a hill came the clarion call
13. I had my eyes shut, was dreamin' 'bout the past
14. The love we share seems to go nowhere
15. I kissed my girl by the factory wall
16. Everything goes when you're dead, everything empties from what was in your head
17. I could go on for hours and probably will
18. I don't know how I'm meant to act with all of you lot
19. I take requests on the telephone, I'm on a wavelength far from home
20. I tell the others "Don't bother me," 'cause when they look at you they don't see what I see

Part Two: A Fun Cassette I Found. I must have made this right before I got a CD burner. Most songs are from the mid-late 90s. These are easier. In fact, I think this section's dead easy.

21. She said, "I'm already dead"
22. Amsterdam was always good for grieving
23. If you still don't like my song then you can just go to hell
24. And my hair will shine like the sea
25. In search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers
26. I don't know from maritime
27. Lights, camel, action!
28. I said "Pretend you've got no money," she just laughed and said, "You're so funny"
29. Bruce and I go to the Jose Theatre, 3 flicks for 50 cents, take me to your leader
30. Hit on the head with a frying pan, lives his life in a garbage can

Part Three: Grab Bag. Exactly what it says. These are songs from from everywhere, mainly tapes I pulled out and listened to that had no labels on them. They can be from any time or any genre. WooHoo!

31. I could tell you things about Peter Pan
32. Black skinned man give me bad deal
33. The idle brain is the devil's playground
34. I didn't know much Spanish and there was no time for talk
35. His tongue it could not speak but only flatter
36. I was steamed, I was fried, but you stood by my side
37. What do you do between the horns of the day
38. We're drinking, my friend, to the end of a brief episode
39. I have had enough, so act your age
40. Put your hands up to the ceiling, bend your waist and touch your toes

So there you have it. Will 40 questions and answers fit in the comments? Do you want to email me your answers so no one can cheat off you? Doesn't matter to me, if you do, try: agnes_g@hotmail.com.

You may begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home