Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Acrowinners!

Well, well, well. Hello, you acrobabies. A little of a slow turnout this week, but I attribute that to being gone. In other words, I forgive all you crumbums who didn't play this week.

Before we get on with proceedings, I have a little of an announcement to make. I forgot to say yesterday that even though I'm still currently at the Annex, the letters we're using in this acro did come straight out of the acrobasket. I took a little day trip to the Poderosa yesterday and drew the letters while I was there. Then I wrote them on a tiny piecelet of paper and brought them back over here to use in acro. An acrochallenge without the basket? Never!

OK, now on with business. This week's letters were R E C N I E. The entries:

*Rome excluded. Cromwell's now in England.
*Removed everyone's cranium. "Nice incision Executioner!"
*Royalty's Eighth. Catherine never intended elimination.
*Rumps, Excrement, Charles' Nads - In Exile.
*Reigning exquisitely, cabesas nixed, indecents exposed
*Rulers Eat Chicken Nuggets! Incredible, eh?
*Regina Elizabeth -- crowned nicely in England
*Royal Edward ceded nation in extremis.
*Randy emperor canoodles nymphs impressively. Ejaculates.
*Royally, Emperor Cuzco Notes, I Emperor. (for the Disney fan in us all)
*Renaissance Evenings. Crumhorns. Nice Inviting Etudes.
*Really, Ernie Can Never Investigate Europe.
*Rotund English Crown never invaded Estonia.
*Roman effin' Catholicism? Not in England!
*Really enjoying crooning Noone: "I'm 'En-er-y!"

OK, first order of business of the day. Everyone please stand while I award the first-ever Acroer Rabidness Award to our dear Kellie, for her six entries this week. I've never known anyone to get so excited to get their acro seen. Crown, sash, sceptre, you win it all this week!

Now, on to the acros. Honorable mention this week goes to Michelle with "Reigning exquisitely, cabesas nixed, indecents exposed." Very good, I like the useage of 'cabesas.' 'Cabesas' makes me laff.

Runner up this week, and it was hard to choose between winner and runner-up, let me just say that right up front, but runner-up this week goes to Magnificent Mr Mike with his "Roman effin' Catholocism? Not in England!" Very very good, Mike, and on time this week!

The grand prize winner this week is MSAGRO with his "Royalty's Eighth, Catherine never intended elimination." Very good, very clever, and I liked it. Congratulations!

And there you have it, another round of acronym completed with not one lost life. Check back next week and we'll try it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home