Sunday, April 04, 2004

It's All Good

I spent Friday evening and Saturday at Mr M's. Friday night we played clarinets and ate tuna pasta salad, and watched movies.

We watched "Chaplin," which I didn't even get to add onto my movie list because I slept through so much of it. Then we watched a Ken Loach movie called "Sweet Sixteen," that had such thick Scottish accents that we had to use the English subtitles to watch it. Didn't matter, because every third word was "fuck" - or worse, if you can believe, and the movie wasn't much, either.

On Saturday we went on a VHS shopping spree and I bought 8 movies for 20 bucks. Had lunch at Famous Anthony's (you have heard of him, haven't you? I mean, he's famous!), then for "shits and giggles," as Mr M puts it, we decided to take a drive up to Mountain Lake. Which is the site of the famed Oktoberfest, but closes during the winter.

You know how you drive along the highway and way way up in the mountains you can see snow? Well, going to Mountain Lake it gets so high we were in the snow. It was cool - we started in about 50 degree weather and grass, and ended up in snow. I made Mr M stop the car so I could get out and make a snowball. Then I threw it at a "Pedestrian Crossing" sign and hit the pedestrian right in the knee. Success!

On the way back down the mountain we listened to Bob and Ray. "Lloyd Fletch and his All-Male Orchestra," one of my favorite skits.

A perfect day.

Betland's taking a wee vacation for a couple of weeks. We have all those rides that need to be re-tuned to give maximum pleasure to the customer. Need to wash the character's suits so they'll be bright and shiny. Mowing Boy and Mr Snake are looking particularly dull.

So take care, and see you in a few!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home