Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Wednesday News and Notes

Back in December or so I mentioned right here about my love affair with Merrell shoes. I'd bought a pair while shopping, and have basically worn them ever since.

So I decided over the weekend I needed an online picker-upper, and since I hadn't splurged on myself in a while, I thought maybe a pair of Merrells would do the trick.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but right off the bat a pair of casual slip-on sandals caught my eye ("Follow the sandal! Follow the sandal!"), they weren't expensive and shipping was free, so they immediately went into the cart. Then after a little more browsing I found another pair of walking shoes, only in blue this time, and they had free shipping too, so I bit, and into the cart they went as well.

I got my email confirmation of the order and everything looked fine. The next morning I got another email telling me my order had been shipped, and it listed only the sandals. So I immediately started thinking, "Oh, no, what happened to the walkers? Out of stock? Backordered? Ignored?" And I started to wait on the confirmation of the order on the walkers. Which has still not come.

Today I received a package from the store; it was a little oversized, but I was sure it held only one pair of shoes. And I was right. I opened it to find - the walkers! Inside the box was the invoice for the walkers with no mention whatsoever of the sandals.

So of course now, you know me, it's time to start worrying about the sandals. Out of stock? Backordered? Ignored? Stay tuned, if you dare.

I spent much of the afternoon watching "The Young Girls of Rochefort," our dear Chrispy's favorite movie (he named his baby girl Delphine). It's a French musical circa 1967 and stars Catherine "Yes, I Was Always This Sexy" Deneuve, George "West Side Story" Chakiris, and Gene "What Am I Doing In A French Musical" Kelly. That said, the movie is great fun, I just loved the look of it, the colors and fashions, and the dancing was, if I may use such an expression, a real gas. There's a dance sequence involving basketball players (in France?) that goes waaay beyond gay, and George Chakiris practically has sex with a motorcycle, but that's OK. It left me wondering if the sky is always so blue in France.

The weird thing, though, I found myself, about halfway through the movie, wondering something to myself. Listening to the songs and reading the subtitles, I started to marvel a bit. "Wow, isn't it just so clever how they can make these songs rhyme in French?!" Yes, I think these thoughts from time to time, however embarrassing they may be.

Anyway, it begs the question if you're out there, Chrispy: Had Baby been a boy, would you have named him Booboo?

On the local front, I woke up this morning to pick up today's edition of the B'field Daily Telegraph (which we here in town call the B'field Daily Tell-a-lie, but that's a different story), only to find right there on the front page - my nephew, TaytieMac. Seems he ran yesterday in a long distance race called (and isn't this appropriate) "Run Obesity Out of WV." (and no, we're all in VA, so there) The picture that graced the front page is on BDT's website, but it's extremely small. Still, if you want to see my babe, go here. He's the blond kid right up front.

Tell me I'm not a killjoy. When I was marveling over this, my mom mentioned that he started this race at 8:15am yesterday. And while she was kvelling over his picture, I was all, "8:15? That means he didn't go to school! He didn't go to school? He should be in school!" And here I try so hard to be the fun aunt.

Oh well. That's the news from Betland.

PS - I desperately need a pedicure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home