Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Acrowinners!

Wowie Zowie. Welcome from the Land of Storms of Biblical Proportions. I just got back home - I had to leave because lightning knocked my power out, and it was a scant 45 minutes till the finals of "American Idol!" I had to skedaddle to someone else's house (my mom's). But now I'm back and all is well.

But you don't care about that, do you? None of you care about little ol' me, you just want the results. And so you shall have them.

This week's letters were R T U E T P. The topic was The Ocean. The entries:

*Rampaging tides unmercifully engulf tulip plantations.
*Remember Thor uneasily easing throught Pacific?
*Riptides terrible; usually eat the people.
*Respect the undertow, ere thee perish.
*Rescuscitating the undergrad, Evan tries pumping.
*Roger trembles until entering the Pacific.
*Rolling Tide's Uproarious. Ebb Tide's Peaceful.
*Roaring, Thunderous, Undulation - Everything Tidal's Powerful.
*Ricky - Tide Upended. Endeavoring To Pee.
*Reluctant Tide, unleash every tangible part.
*Rising Thong, unknot elastic torturous pain.
*Reddened Tourist, use every tanning product.
*Relaxing Tahiti. Usually enjoy tropical Pacific.
*Retrieving Titanic. Unpleasant endevour. Tragedy personified.
*Removing tuna until extinct. Trawling persists.
*Rowboat tossed (upended?) entering the Pacific.
*Ripped, tanned, unusually eager to pose.
*Ragged tsunami underway, 'eaded to Portugal!

Wooo! Damn, I'm really glad I wasn't judging this week, because not only would I never have been able to pick a winner (to me there are five that are championship caliber), but I wouldn't have gotten to tell the tale of Ricky, upended by a tidal wave whilst peeing.

So now I'm going to turn things over to the wonderful Kel, who's also fresh off some "Idol" viewing. Take it away, oboe section:

Hello all - here I am fresh from the Outer Banks. My first trip there and I have to say it was enjoyable. Nice and relaxing enough to get me back in the mood to work this week. But, I digress...

Thanks for indulging me with the memories of my trip - there was Ricky - Tide Upended. Endeavoring To Pee (Bet), the Rising Thong, unknot elastic torturous pain (Flipsycab), and the Reddened Tourist, use every tanning product (also Flipyscab).

And since the water was terribly, terribly cold in the Atlantic - I can picture Roger over there in California with Roger trembles until entering the Pacific (Lily G.) Ahhhh…if only I could have made it past my shins into the waves – but, alas, I am a coward.

But - with the immortal words of my dear departed Gramma - my favorite memory has got to be from deepfatfriar - "Riptides terrible; usually eat the people." Of course, we know that was all followed by the 30-min time out after eating before swimming rule.

Your Gramma knew deepfatfriar? Oh, I get it. Well, thanks, Kellie, and thanks to all who played. Remember, any judging volunteers, just let me know, I'm taking all comers.

See you next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home