Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Sprained

Any fans of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" out there? Remember the episdoe where Rob and Jerry go skiing, only Laura doesn't want them to because she knows how clumsy Rob is and she knows he'll wipe out on the slopes and die? And she and Millie are home and Laura's all panicky (as Laura is, you know), and the phone rings and she knows it's Rob because it's Rob's ring, and she knows that at the end of the other line when she picks up it's going to be Rob telling her he's dead.

As it turns out, Rob did indeed wipe out on the slopes, but it wasn't his fault. He tripped over a goat. But he got a bad sprain in the offing. He got a sprained body.

I think I have a sprained body.

And the sad part is, I didn't even go skiing. I didn't even trip over a goat on thawed land, which, around here, could be a distinct possibility for a person.

I went back to work for a few hours yesterday. I sat at a desk, on my years-old hard and unforgiving office chair, I admit, but I basically sat down for four hours and answered some phones. And when I got home, I was sooo tired.

After a fitful night last night, I woke up to find my whole left torso in pain. I looked down, half-expecting it to be blue with bruises, but it wasn't.

I guess it was just sitting in a position I wasn't used to for that long. Then today, this morning, I did it again, but left work at mid-day. And then it was off to the car dealership to have the CD player, yes the same CD player that's been not working since, what, St Patrick's Day?? finally yanked out of my car to be sent away for repairs. I had to sit there for two hours. When it got to be 5:00, I actually thought they'd closed and forgotten about me. Everything was quiet and I seemed to be the only person around. I had thoughts of the lights going dim and me there alone with a TV and a coffee machine to keep me company. But finally, the guy came and told me it was out, and it cost $70 just to take it out. Woo hoo.

And finally, I got to come back home.

And I still have a sprained body.

Oh, on the update front, however. Guess who I ate this morning? Fred Fucking Flinstone. There's one Fred in my bottle, and this morning I got him. He was orange. One Fred, three Great Gazoos, and the rest chockfull of Wilmas, BamBams, Pebbles, Barneys, and Dinos.

You know, since Fred's the patriarch of the family, maybe they make sure there's only one of him. Like the king of the bottle. Wait, King Vitamin. That's a cereal, isn't it?

I'm rambling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home