Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Acrowinners!

Well, well, the acrobasket was mean to yall, but it made no difference. We've got some great entries this week, Os and Qs be damned.

This week's letters were I S Q O S N. The topic was "Ronald Reagan." And before I give the entries, may I just say I was worried about making that the topic with him not cold in the ground yet - hell, not warm in the ground, they're moving him all over creation before he gets in the fuckin' ground - but judging from some of these entries, I shouldn't have worried. And the entries:

*It's so quickly over. Soon, Nancy.
*Insane, sexually quiescent oddball sleeps now.
*Its symptoms quintessential: older senior, nutty.
*"I'm sorry" quickly opines sad nation.
*"Irangate? Shred quietly!" -- Oliver S North.
*Iran: somehow, quite obvious someone's naughty.
*Is sainting queer old statesmen needed?
*In State, quietly observe sobbing Nancy.
*Interesting story: qualms over subcommittees? Never.
*Ingested serious quantities of sugary niblets.
*Inebriated statesman quips, "oh, sexy Nancy!"
*Iran scandals, queers overlooked, Scalia nominated.
*"I'm single! Quickly obtainable!" said Nancy.
*Independent subcommittee questioned Oliver shitbag North.
*If Seen. Quickly, Overtly, Scream, Neil.
*It Seems Quite Overly Sad, Nancy.
*I Saw, Quite Ordinarily, Speaking Nicely.

Wow, you should all be proud of yourselves. But I'm sure you already are, so let's dispense with the pleasantries and get to the meat of things.

First of all, the Honorable Mention this week goes to Jellybean with her "Is sainting queer old statesmen needed?" I wonder the same, my dear.

This week's runner-up could have been a winner just as easily. It's the great entry from Mike, "'I'm single! Quickly obtainable!' said Nancy."

But this week's winner, I thought, was cleverness above and beyond the call of duty. Congratulations Flipsycab, and your winning entry "Ingested serious quantities of sugary niblets."

Thanks to all for playing - you've all done very well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home