Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Acrowinners!

Wow, I loved this week's acro. I loved all the entries, and I love all of you! I'm just filled with love for this round!

OK, as we all know by now, the topic this week was "Band Names on the Bill at a Sleazy Bar." The letters were LTV. The entries:

*Lockjaw Trailerskank Voodoo
*Latvian Tambourine Virtuosi
*Lipsyncing Tasmanian Vecturists
*Lily's Tempting Vixens
*Live Tranvestite Vocalists!
*Lascivious Tenor Vibrati
*LIVE: Tracy's Vagina!
*Little Tiny Violinists
*Lenny, Tyrone & Velma
*Los Teenage Virgenes
*Long Time Vacancies
*Lulu's Two Victims
*Love’s Tender Vittles
*Lick The Viper
*Lastly The Vanquished
*Love Triangle Vendetta
*Luscious Torso Vinyl
*Lap Tango Vikings
*Leisuresuits, Tambourines & Velour
*Live Tonguing Vocals
*Larry's Tantilizing Vamps
*Lustful Trauma Victims
*Lily The Vegetable (sorry Lily)
*Leave The Volkswagen
*Lolita The Vagina
*Lick The Velveeta
*"L-l-lu-us-sty T-t-h-he V-v-vib-brat-tor-r!"

Wow. There's one entry that I'm crazy about, but technically have to disqualify because it cheats a bit. But we'll get to that later.

First of all, we have an Honorable Mention in the name of one Venice, with "Los Teenage Virgenes." Surf rock at it's finest, I'm guessing.

Next, an Honorable Mention goes to Krizzer (she of the new office) with "Lap Tango Vikings." I see them as roots rock.

Runner up this week goes to Flipsycab, the big winner in Vegas last week, and almost the big winner here this week, with a band I really wanna see, "Lastly The Vanquished." Moody techno, has to be.

But there can only be one winner. And the winner this week is - me! With all my below entries.

No, no, no. The winner this week is the entry that made me laugh, actually sounded like it not only could, but should be a band, and that we all need to head to the nearest dive to see them play. Congrats to DeepFatFriar with his band, "Lockjaw Trailerskank Voodoo." We're gonna see them on a double bill with Southern Culture on the Skids one day, I'm sure.

Now, to that other matter. I legally (well, I guess I could legally, since I make the rules) couldn't give Kellie a place in the money; however, I ask - no, I urge - Lockjaw Trailerskank Voodoo to name their first album "Leisure Suits, Tambourines, and Velour."

I'd buy it in a minute.

See you next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home