Friday, June 11, 2004

At The Poker Game

I played poker last night with my mom and dad, and my mom's brother (Uncle Carl) and his wife, who are visiting. Playing poker with that foursome is a blast.

It was getting late, and so we decided to play around to Mom. She dealt the last game of the evening, called the game as one of her specialties ("Baseball," 3s and 9s wild, if you get a 4 showing you get a free card, and if you get a 3 showing you have to pay a dime to keep it - keep track of that when you're drunk). In the end it came down to her and I for last pot of the night. She had four tens. I beat her with four aces.

As she gathered the cards up, she said something that no person should ever have to hear their mother say:

"Well, shit. I couldn't catch the clap."

I guess the only thing worse than hearing your mother say that would be hearing her say she'd actually caught the clap.

I laughed so hard I drooled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home