Thursday, June 03, 2004

The Death of Blogging

Jellybean's is gone, Flipsycab's is gone (though I'm holding out hope both may return one day), and now Stennie's "taking the summer off." Mike never started, and LilyG hasn't updated since before Memorial day. Kriz hardly ever updates anymore. Mitchie and Venice started back after quasi-long absences.

What's going on here?

Well, actually, I know what's going on here, because I'm going through it a little myself. After all this time, it gets harder and harder to write.

It just kills me to go back and look at some of my older stuff. Long, flowing blogs that turned daily events into art. Whereas finding out about a snake under my bushes once became a long drawn-out yarn, I've a feeling if that happened to me today I'd come home and blog, "I came home today and found out I have a snake in my bushes. The End."

That's generally what is happening when my blog goes unupdated. I just can't think of anything other than "I went to work, and now I'm home, and next I'm washing dishes." And that sucks, because I want to blog every day. I hate for days to be skipped, the same old days-old stuff sitting there, stale as my rye bread after the twistie tie breaks on the bag.

See, I've got it easy in a way. I have Acro. Now, I'm going to be honest with you here and say something that will shock you - nay, possibly even make you cry. Sometimes Acro can be a pain in the ass. The no one wanting to judge, the technical difficulties like this past week, the setting up of all the entries and such for the Acrowinners posts. But there's two whole days that, if I don't want to, I'm under no obligation to post a blog of my thoughts.

Then I started a couple of weeks ago printing pictures on Sunday nights. Now, so far this has been fun to me. I don't know if it's been for you, but it's something different and I'm enjoying it. It's also encouraging me to drag that camera along with me places instead of letting it sit gathering dust, well...in the acrobasket, where it normally perches.

But anyway, here's what I'm getting at. I've got three of seven days already "automatically blogged up." Here is my proposal for making sure I can post to old Betland every day:

New Blog Schedule:

Sunday: Picture Night
Monday: Acrochallenge
Tuesday: Acrowinners
Wednesday: Word of the Day (This isn't a random seldom-used word, complete with pronunciation and examples used in a sentence. Wednesday's band day; I don't have that much time. W of the D will be one random word posted, whatever word happens to be on my mind at the time. "Fuck," "fucky," "fuckidity," and any other derivates may be used as often as wished.)
Thursday: Food Day - what's in my fridge, what's missing since last week, and what I need to buy at the grocery.
Friday: What's In My CD Player Right Now, Now That I've Finally Gotten My CD Player Back From The Shop Day
Saturday: Since I'm usually traveling from here to B'burg on Saturdays, I'll make this Local Gas Prices Day.

There you have it. The new and always updated Betland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home