Sunday, June 13, 2004

Picture Sunday

Well, I survived a sober Wine Tasting. Actually the whole thing went really well. We sounded good, and the crowd seemed to enjoy us; then again, they weren't necessarily as sober as I was.

By the way, a little pre-Sunday night chatter here. I came home Friday night to find that once again (2d time in a month) my airconditioning/heat pump is not working. Well, it's working - the fan's just going like crazy. There's just no cool air coming in here. The Poderosa is currently a regular heatbox.

Then Saturday morning I got two bills in the mail. Both medical bills. One for $1157 and one for $162. Remember I have $369 in my medical bank account at the moment. I went to throw away the envelopes only to see - ants! Ants in my trash can, and starting up my kitchen wall. What do I have that ants would want?? I don't even have anything I'd want! Anyway, I got them dealt with (ie, killed) in pretty short order.

OK, first of all, I wanted to show yall a picture from today. I had one of the main building at Mountain Lake, but instead, decided to go with one of the giant chess board. (They also have a giant checker board, but it's not that exciting.)



Now, yes, my boy S was with me at the tasting, but I'm not printing his picture here. However, there is a very special picture of him in the Gallery. Go here and see it; I promise you, it's worth the extra mouse click.

However, lest The Boy be forgotten this week, here's a particularly fetching photo, done with a little help from Mr M (well, actually, a lot of help; he did it). May I introduce you to....Shermula!



Now, before we get to tonight's recipe, I have a little something extra. Something that should get you in the mood for a little kitschy food. It's an actual picture of the actual wall in Mr M's actual kitchen. Now, before I show you this picture I am obligated - nay, threatened - to tell you that Mr M rents, he had nothing to do with the picking out of this wallpaper, and in fact, he hates it with every fiber of his being. That said, let's all prepare to snicker.



And now, finally, to tonight's Dish of Distinction. It's funny, because as horrible as this looks, when I first opened this envelope of pictures, this was the only one I could imagine myself eating. Yes, it's heavy, and it's certainly large, and meaty, and possibly greasy, but I don't know, something about it appealed to me. The more I look at it, especially with it's foody neighbors, I'm not so sure. I give you the Neapolitan Turnover.



Now, let's read the back here, and look what they're suggesting you have with this huge meat-filled pocket of delight. Of course you have your turnover, the side of Beans and Corn Vinaigrette, Spinach with Lemon Butter (who apparently asked not to be shown in this pic), Spumoni, and what could possibly top all this off but - Cranberry Juice. It actually says that. It suggests you drink Cranberry Juice with all this. Now if that's not instant vomit, I don't know what is.

Drink up, and enjoy the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home