Sunday, June 20, 2004

Picture Sunday

Well! What a day, and I don't have the pictures to prove it.

I was driving back home from B'burg today, thinking about how I'd brought my camera along and still taken no pictures for Picture Sunday. So I thought, OK, I know, I can take a picture of the West Virginia rest area/tourist information center in P'ton. It's funny and interesting because for some reason they've built it to look like The Pyramids. In fact, my witty buddy Seth calls this building The Great Pyramid of Geezer:



So, our line of traffic slowed to a crawl at a red light, and I snapped the pic, and continued on. I looked down a second - nay, a millisecond - to put the camera down, looked back up, and the back of a pickup truck was staring me in the face. I mean, I've never seen traffic come to a complete halt that fast. I slammed on my brakes, and the podmobile came to a screeching halt. I mean, screeching. Good thing Mr Peanut was wearing his safety belt,



or else he'd have ended up in the front seat, top hat through the steering wheel, I'd have been wearing his monacle, and I shudder to think where I might be sporting his cane.

Well, no more did I get my bearings about me again, still wondering how traffic halted like it did, when I happened to glance over to my right - I was in the left lane cause I'd soon be making a turn. In between my car and the car in the right lane came trotting along - a big ol' black cow. Running hither and yon, changing lanes, darting in and out. As traffic started forward again, I started looking and there was no vehicle anywhere that looked like it would house a cow. So where the little dear came from I've no idea. All I know is that if I'd have held on to that camera a second or two longer, I'd really have something for you on Picture Sunday. Opportunities lost; I guess I'll never be a photojournalist.

I then hit the Poderosa, wrapped my dad's present, and headed over that way for a swim, dinner, and evening out. (Well, out at their house.) Lots of laughing and fun.

So since it's Father's Day, at least for a few more hours, let's share the Dad Love out there. In one way...



...and another.



Funny, huh. There are three pictures of myself I don't hate. One of them, I'm two years old.

And finally, tonight's recipe du jour. Or recipe du nuit. It's a real Dad-based dish. Stuffed pork chops. Stuffed with what, I cannot tell, just looks like so much meat to me. They seem to be laying on some corn, rice, and something stringy in the middle of the circle I hope isn't coconut. That would suck. Let's look and see.... And see what we're supposed to eat with this delightful dish.



A-HA! I should have known - sauerkraut in the middle. Oops, and underneath, no rice, and no corn either. Real stuffing. Sauerkraut - will my bandmates ever forgive me. In fact, we're supposed to eat this with sauerkraut, buttered lima beans (you don't want butter? tough!), a lettuce and tomato salad, and cinnamon baked apples.

Well, I'll tell you what. You can have the rest, and give me the apples. I haven't had me some of those in ages.

Happy week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home