Thursday, July 01, 2004

Another Day

Just punching something in here to keep things afloat. I've got nothing of note to say.

I had the afternoon off, during which I shopped, took the podmobile in for servicing, almost got a dog, then delivered said dog to another home, then shopped one more time, and came home. It was eventful, but not much of a restful afternoon away from work.

I fell in love with the little doggie, a Jack Russell terrier puppy. He was the runt of his litter and the breeder knew she couldn't sell him, so she asked my pedicurist, lover of all dogs, to find him a home. She wanted him to find a home with me, but again, I just couldn't do it. But someone I know's husband has been wanting a dog for almost a year, and we landed the little dear there. But I spent the afternoon with him while getting him home, and he was a total sweetie.

Please. Don't hate me because I'm dogless. Please don't.

After I got back home, I ate a little something, paid Mowing Boy for a job well done (um, mowing the lawn, okay??), and headed out to swim. Did that, and on the way back home, noticed - and now, this is 3 hours after having my car serviced - that my "check engine" light was on. I have a lot of driving to do this weekend. So now I have one day, tomorrow, to get it back there, find out what's wrong, and get it fixed.

And pray to God it's not expensive.

I not only paid bills tonight, but spent a large portion of the evening with my head in The Shoebox. The Shoebox is where I keep all my medical bills, paid by me or TheCompanyI'mInsuredWith, insurance statemtents, receipts, etc. I'm still trying to come up with how in the hell I'm going to pay the outstanding $1157 I have staring me in the face. In a stunning ray of hope, I think $162 of it may actually be a duplicate bill. Either that or I was so nice my anesthesiologist decided to make me pay twice.

Then I ended by finishing up watching the ultra-dour "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf."

Boy, financial nights can be depressing. The doggie was cute, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home