Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Finally, Acrowinners!

Wooo! Again, folks, sorry about the judging snafu. Flipsy actually sent me an email last night about the finals, and like I said, I didn't get it till the wee hours of today. And before you get all excited about my having a social life or something, I was just at a band concert, with sun in my eyes and a crick in my neck. But a song in my heart.

This week's topic was "Another Useless Business Meeting." The letters were E C G M G O I. The entries:

*Everyone's cowering -- general manager got overly imbibed.
*Enhanced corporate greed motivates garrulous oratory. Ick.
*Executives can gladly meet. Grunts obscure images.
*Egads! Can't get management's goddamned overheads illuminated.
*Ergonomic cushions? Godawful meetings go on indefinitely.
*Even Cary Grant made good on Intel.
*Edgar Called Girlfriend. Meeting Going On Indefinitely.
*Evan Can Get Mightily Gassed On Inefficiencies.
*Early Call. Group Meeting. Going On In.
*Elvis Costello glared. Moguls gushed, "Oh, Impostor!"
*Every cartographer gathered, Mr Greaves offered insults.
*"Either Carter goes, Maury goes, or I!"
*Even Curious George might grow old inside.
*Eventually, corporate gurus might get over it.
*Every committee generates meetings gargantuan, obtuse, inane.
*Executive committee general meetings go on indefinitely.
*Employees came, generally mocked guests, openly irritated.
*Everybody created gliding machines galore of itineraries.

Wow, that's a lotta entries! And may I say, my little theory previously mentioned didn't come to pass. I really didn't think I'd be the only person to mention The Elv, with those first two letters being EC. I mean, come on, Mike.

But now, it's finally time for the big announcements, so may I introduce, fresh from a business meeting...Flipsycab!

Wow-who knew business meetings would be such an exciting and interesting topic! Personally, I can't wait to have more useless meetings now, what with all of these lovely acros to entertain and distract me while some consultant waxes idiotically for hours on end. And now for the winner of tonight's competition. . . (let's not waste time here-we all have meetings to attend!) It should be noted, ladies and gentlemen, that should the winner be unable to fulfill his/her duties, the runner(s) up will ascend to the rank of winner and carry out the duties (which are no easy task, I'll tell you something) of the Reigning Champion of Betland's Acrochallenge for This Week.

Judges, may I have the envelope, please? Oh-wait, I'm the judge. Hang on a sec. . .
(drum roll, please)

Ringing in at number 3 as a runner-up and honorable mention is Mike for his "Everybody created gliding machines galore of itineraries" entry. Gawd, how I would love to do that in the many useless meetings I attend!

And for our number 2 slot, let's give a great big Betland cheer for Michelle for her "Ergonomic cushions? Godawful meetings go on indefinitely" entry. So true, Michelle, so true. How could we possibly talk about these cushions for one more minute?

Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for. . .the winner and Reigning Champion of Betland's Acrochallenge for This Week, the Big Cheese, the Head Honcho, Numero Uno herself. . .is none other than our very own Bet! Her winning entry, "Either Carter goes, Maury goes, or I!" had me wishing that I'd attended the meeting in which this exciting melodrama took the place of a dull agenda!

Let's hear it for our winners!!!

XO,
Flips

Oh, my - I'm humbled. And honored. I'll try to live up to the title for the rest of the week.

Thanks to all who played, come back next week, and if you want to judge, just throw your hat in the ring, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home