Sunday, July 18, 2004

Picture Sunday
 
Ah, hello to all on this Sunday Eve.   Well, wouldn't technically Sunday Eve be Saturday?  Just like Summer's Eve, that feminine product.  Summer's Eve would actually be Spring, right?
 
Had a trying day.  Played in a band concert, then had to haul ass back home to make it to my dad's birthday party - he turned 75 today.  I was over an hour late, didn't even stop at the Poderosa on the way there, and I'm just now home and able to breathe.
 
OK, first order of business, since I had a request.  My hair.  It's an odd thing, my hair.  I'd heard forever that after surgery you can experience some pretty massive and therefore scary hair loss. When told that, what did I do?  I laughed!  "Oh, my hair falls out all the time now," I joked.  In fact, I even blogged about that, as evidenced by this link: Thursday, Sept 26, 2002.   Well, little did I know that the joke would be on me.  Because my hair is coming out.  It's thinning.  It's clinging to my hands in the shower, and my nice clean cotton shirts are covered with my own fallout.
 
Now, some people say this is from a lack of protein, and others say it makes no difference how much protein you get in, the shock your body goes through when you lose a lot of weight manifests itself in this way.  All I can tell you is I'm browsing toupee catalogs.  By the way, why did Fred buy his wig at the thrift store?  Because he didn't want to pay!
 
But anyway, onwards and upwards, and yes, as you all know, it's Picture Sunday here at Betland.  This is where people gather from far and wide in ones and twos and look at whatever I've taken pictures of this week.
 
First of all, since it is his day, here's a picture of my dear old dad on his 75th.  He's wearing the "Birthday Boy" blue ribbon.  You saw him a while back at age 18 or so, so this is what a wife and family have done to him.
 
 

 
I cut out his drink and cigarette, but I promise you, they're there.
 
Next, for the youngest of the clan.  Taytie now when he comes over, immediately heads for my dad's guitar so he can show us what he's learned - he's getting quite a repetoire under his belt.  I asked him tonight when he was adding singing to his list of talents, and his reply was "Never."  Oh well.
 
 

 
Now, I took a great picture of S today at the concert, which was at Smithfield Plantation, but I saved it for the Galerie de Chien et Garcon.  Go look at it here.
 
And finally tonight's recipe.  I think you'll like this one.  It's the how-can-you-live-without-it Creamed Shellfish in a Rice Ring.  We've got some scallops, crabmeat, and shrimp all creamed together there - I mean, who wants seafood if it's not all milked up? - and stuck in the middle of a ring made of rice stuck together with milk and with some parsley in it.  And for a wonderful finishing touch, they've set the whole thing down on some raw green beans.
 
 
 

 
Well, I don't know, they could be cooked.  In fact, I guess they are, because that's what you serve with the ring, green beans.  And lemon meringue pie.  And then you take a cosmic trip to the bathroom.  I love those placemats, though.  I'd like to have some for my kitchen.  They're all Picasso-like and shit.
 
Hey, and those people cheated.  I see a salad on the table too.
 
Oh well, have a good week, everyone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home