Sunday, July 11, 2004

Picture Sunday

You know, there are a lot of things I hate about our current administration. In fact, I could probably just say "everything" and sum it all up very quickly and we could all go home. But here's what I hate the most.

What I hate the most is when Tom Ridge calls a press conference (if I recall correctly, this past week was the 3d time he's done this), and announce that they have word of a large-scale terrorist attack on this country. However, they don't know when, they don't know where, and they don't know the method of attack.

Well, folks, I've got news for you. The when was Saturday around 6pm, the where was the B'burg Ruritan Fish Fry, and the method of attack was the B'burg Community Band's rendition of Robert Russell Bennett's arrangement of "My Fair Lady."

I mean, the arrangement sucks in the best of times. But the way we played it Saturday? Well, it was an abortion. There were people bleeding from the eyes and ears, clutching their fish-covered plates and wondering why in God's name they decided to make this their outing for a pleasant weekend out. I would just like to apologize on behalf of myself and the band to anyone who did not survive the experience.

Tra la la, dee dee dee, you are you and I am me. There, I made a rhyme. It was sublime.

Now it's Sunday, however. I haven't blogged in a little while because I felt an amazing lack of interest in writing anything. So now, thank heavens, Sunday's creeped up on us from behind, and instead of feeling the pressure to come up with something still, I can just post some pictures for you and call it a day.

The first picture is for those of you who enjoy automotive milestones. On my way home, looky what the podmobile did!



This blows my mind. I've never had a car that had 100,000 miles on it. Every car I've ever owned I've always traded off at 75,000 miles or less because 1) I didn't really like it much, or 2) everything started breaking down on it at that point. But here's my trusty, valiant, stalwart podmobile, carrying me 100,005 miles and still pluckily at my beck and call.

The next picture, I have no idea why I'm posting it. Mainly because I didn't take my camera around with me this weekend to get anything else. Then again, had I taken my camera this weekend, my pictures would have been of people vomiting up their coleslaw at the fish fry/band concert.

Anyway, of all my toys at work, my prides and joys are my wind-up toys. I keep them right by me where no kids can get them and tear them up. So, I thought I'd bring them home and let yall see them as well. Let's see, we have from left to right, Mr Peabody Walker, Pengie Waddler, Big Ice Cream Cone Walker, The Hopping Lederhosen ("Oh! Meine Lederhosen!!"), Mr Burns and Smithers in a Swan Boat Scooter, and the one that started it all, Mr Robot Walker. Mr Robot is about 30 years old, actually. Remember the story I told once about Moore's potato chips sometimes having 45 records in them? Well, Mr Robot came from a bag of Moore's too. God Bless Moore's.



I'm actually trying very hard to get the wind-up Sherman that goes with Peabody. We've been trying on e-bay, and the prices have gone up as high as $85 for pair. Wish me luck. Mr P needs his Boy.

And finally, this week's recipe. And, if I must say so myself, it's a real pip. Tonight, without further ado, may I introduce to you all....Spinach Soup!



Now, I'm going to try to steer from the rude and profane by the stating the obvious of what this looks like. I'm just not sure I've seen soup, or anything else, for that matter, quite that color and consistency before. The white stuff dolloped on top is yogurt, and those green things, that I thought were peas lying there, seem to be dill sprigs.

Anyway, it cracked me up that this is in the "Weight Control" category. Yeah, no shit! The meal they suggest is the soup, baked halibut, steamed zucchini and a baked apple.

Yep, that would control anybody's weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home