Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Acrowinners!

Well, it's Tuesday night - things aren't quite as expected, but we do have Acrowinners.

This week's topic, courtesy of DeepFatFrair, was "Why We Need To Un-elect George Bush." The letters were M O G O, which if squared, was the name of a "Survivor" tribe last season.

The entries:

*Makes ornery gestures, oafish.
*Masturbates oratorically, gets off.
*Morbidly offers gays oral .
*More oogling Gulf's oil.
*Moronic, obtuse guy. Obviously.
*Malingerer of Georgie's offertory.
*Mindless, oafish, garrulous, odious
*"More oil? Get oppresive!"
*Mother of George: offensive
*Many opportunities gone overseas.
*Makes obnoxious garrulous orations.
*Marriage official, gays ostracized.
*Many Outrageously Garbled Oratories.
*Many Observe Gigantic Overlord.
*Many Other Good Options.

(Those last three were Kellie's entry - she couldn't access my comments, so she emailed her answer. Which is fine, and anyone can do that if my comments don't work.)

And now, for the switcheroo part of the evening. I present this week's judge:

Yoo hoo! Yooooo hooooo!

It's me, Capt. A., substituting for DFF, who had to leave for Connecticut because of a death in the family. Condolences, DFF.

Well, let me tell you about my day. I interviewed for a job today. You see, money is really tight, and I'm seriously considering abandoning shrinkage for a year until I can get on my feet. But that means I'll lose another year in my slide towards oblivion, and besides that, they want a long-term employee and I'd feel like hell taking the job....

Wait. This is ACRO and Bet's blog!

OKay. No more messin' around.

Second goes to both Kellie and Stennie, with "Many Other Good Options" and "Many opportunities gone overseas," respectively. Straightforward, unobfuscated truth.

Michelle wins with "Masturbates oratorically, gets off," mainly because any acro with "masturbates" in it is a winner, as far as I'm concerned, and because I just get off on people who use adjectives with lots of letters.

The rest of them are really good too, but don't you just hate it when absolutely everybody wins? Hell, even little kids know you're messin' with them when everybody wins. "Bolstering self-concept" my ass.

So, should I take the job?

Oh, and one more thing: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!SHERMULA!

Capt. A., signing off.

Thank you, Captain, for sitting in for the indisposed DeepFatFriar. Thanks to all who played!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home