Sunday, August 08, 2004

(Disclaimer: Tonight's episode of Picture Sunday deals with mature subject matter. It is not for the faint of heart. Viewer discretion is advised.)

Picture Sunday

Hello everyone, I'm back at my keyboard, and it's time for another blog.

I spent the weekend in B'burg again. After saying for about a month I wasn't playing the concert Community Band had on Saturday, I came down with a case of the guilts and went anyway. It was pretty fun, though, an absolutely gorgeous day, a day so beautiful it almost made me forget the fact that I hate nature.

But I'm so tired. I feel like I spend half my life driving. It's so good to be back at the Poderosa.

You know, I'm an idea gal. And I think I've come up with a winner this time.

I know I've told you about my little hair loss problem. Well, I've decided it's time to make myself a wig - out of my own recently fallen-out hair! With what I've found the last four days in my shower drain, I already have enough to make a small toupee!

Let's see, how to do it, though.

A few years ago I did some experimenting with re-rooting hair on some old Barbies. I don't think that would work for me, though, because it involved taking a long needle and sticking it up through Barb's neck and out her scalp. First of all, I don't think I have a needle long enough for my head, and secondly, I fear it could be rather painful. Right now I'm mulling over super-gluing the hair to a swim cap. My hair's curly anyway, so that's not going to be too far removed from my real hairstyle. I will have to cut some openings for my ears, though. Hey, in time, I'm sure I'll have enough for two swimcaps full of hair - I could dye one red and try out for "Annie" on the stage!

Anyway, here's what I've collected over four days. Remember, if you're squeamish, look away. Well, maybe you should just look away anyway.






I'm so sorry. I almost didn't publish that, then I thought, "Oh, shit, why not. Andy Warhol got famous with less."

But now onto something a lot nicer. Remember a couple of weeks ago when one pic of Picture Sunday was a collection of all my windups? And remember how one of my windups was a pontificating Mr Peabody? And remember how I said I was really really looking for a windup Sherman to go with Mr P, but they were selling in sets on e-Bay for around $90? Well, look what finally came up - a single S windup. For the princely sum of $10. I'm in heaven:




I could just kvell. The first thing I did when I got him home was take him and Mr P, wind them both up, and have them walk towards each other, thus recreating the heartwarming scene from the first episode of "P's Improbable History" where P's first awarded custody of S. And isn't the placement of S's hands and fingers just exquisite?

And finally. You asked for it, you got it. I found a set of recipe cards, also on e-Bay, that are a complete continuation of the set I've been working on lo these many weeks! I received them on Thursday, and I can't wait to get started on them!

Instead of ending with the "cover card," like I did last week, this time I'm going to begin with it. "Series 9 With Helpful Guides," it is so lovingly titled. And though the picture of the four roast Cornish Hens is on the front (I call them John, Paul, George, and Ringo), I can't tell you much about the recipe because the back of the card is just measurement equivalents. Well, crapola.






But I can tell you they're all laid out there on some lettuce, with orange sections, and we've got a bitchin' Jello salad on the side, and for some completely inexplicable reason, many many slices of cheese. A great deal of cheese.

And off we go on fabulous Series 9.

Come back and visit; yes, there will be an acro tomorrow. So never fear. Or fear. Do whatever makes you comfortable.

Hmmm. Is that cheese?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home