Monday, September 27, 2004

Acrochallenge!

Greetings, acroers! I don't know if anyone will tune in to see the challenge this week, but I figured after the pig picture the least I could do was call a round of Acromania.

I shall be your benevolent judge this week. I came up with my topic from a few fronts, actually. I was thinking of calling a topicless round this week, then too many things happened. First of all, and we all know there are certain things I cannot talk specifics about, but there's something I absolutely hate in this world. And that thing is people who 1) use The Lord when it's convenient for them, or 2) use The Lord to cover up certain ugly facts, such as the fact that said Lordusers are lying like rugs.

Second of all, I was talking to a buddy of mine today about how your mind works when you're in high school. Like - when all us band kids were out on the field for the playing of the National Anthem, they always had some local yoo-hoo saying a prayer about how The Lord should make sure no one gets hurt and we play in a spirit of fellowship (yeah, Lord, forget that starving and suffering for the next two hours to watch us, OK?), and he'd always say, "In Jesus' name we pray, Amen." And immediately every band kid around me - including me - would say, "And please let us win."

So without further ado, this week's topic is, "Oh, and PS, Lord...." After the exalting and thanking and such is done, what's that, "Oh, and by the way, Lord, if you're not too busy" kind of request one might throw at the end of a prayer?

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches topic and uses the letters below, randomly drawn from a frankly lonely acrobasket. (He's had 20 weeks worth of recipe du jour cards sitting in him.)

And so, to the topic "Oh, and PS, Lord..." The letters:

O L U O K

And please, don't bother Him about a better acro. He's busy enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home