Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Acrowinners!

OK, so it's a holiday week. It's not like we didn't give you a chance to get your acros in, folkies. The acroblog went up at 2pm yesterday.

But, thanks to those who decided to play along.

This week's letters were T I C E D R. The topic, "I Saw It In A Cartoon." The entries:

*Tiptoeing inside, cautiously enters dastardly rabbit.
*Toons insane -- cackling evilly, drooling. Repulsive.
*Tossed into canyon. "Eep!" Damn roadrunner!
*Tweety, Itchy, CatDog, Elmer, Daffy, Rocky
*Topcat is cool, elite. Dibble? Rotten.
*The Impossibles caught Elroy's dog Rastro.
*Tom inserts club, extracts dog’s rage.
*Tweety in cage. Elmer dodges rabbit.
*Timely intellectual content eventually drew ratings.

And that's it, folks. So let's turn it over to her judgeship - Kellie!

Well, what a fun time to remember the oldies but goodies; you've each come up with one of my favorites.

Flipsycab's "Tweety in cage. Elmer dodges rabbit." The darn old rabbit and that sweet Tweety bird - who knows why the hunter and the cat stalk these poor innocent creatures. It just somehow makes a good cartoon; sick really.

Bet, his boy Elroy - excellent reference to the Jetsons - also another of my classic favorites - with " The Impossibles caught Elroy's dog Rastro." Who knew that Rastro had a past! (You lost me with Top Cat, I guess I missed out on that one. I had to search the Internet for some validity there - officer Dibble - sounds like a barking mess. These things remind me of my neighbors and their barking Chihuahua dog - and their dying cat who has taken to sitting on our front porch welcome mat the past 2 days. I swear - we're going to open up our door tomorrow and find a dead cat on our step - this disturbs me. I'll have to mark you down for the bad taste of reality for that one - ha!)

But borrowing a phrase from Randy and American Idol - Props out to Lily G - for the winner by referencing the cartoon that I think of when I hear the word cartoon: Tossed into canyon. "Eep!" Damn roadrunner! There's just something about the Coyote and Road Runner - he never gives up hope - it's just inspirational! Thanks all for playing!

Many thanks for judging, Ms Kel, and hope the cat lives. Now, don't forget, in 8 days you must write a letter to LilyG telling her that the genteel thing to do would be to turn her title over to the next runner-up. Oh, who happens to be me! Isn't that odd how things work out.

Thanks to all you acroites for playing this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home