Monday, September 06, 2004

Picture, Um, Monday

Oh, my friends and brothers, I have been amiss in getting today's blog to you on time. It has, in fact, become tomorrow's blog.

This was due to the fact that today (today still being Sunday, September 5 to me, even though the clock is telling me otherwise) was the birthday of none other than - my mom. My dear, sweet, wonderful, fruity mom. So we all gathered and ended up going to B'burg (after I myself just drove back from B'burg earlier today) for dinner.

So a big happy b-day shout out to Mom, and I wish I had taken a picture of her tonight to put online. Of course, i could scan one. Let me try that, hang on:



This is my mom a few years back, actually on my birthday. In Atlanta.

Anyway, we had dinner out tonight, the whole family plus Mr M, and it was a lot of fun. It just made me be very late getting back here tonight.

You know, I've said it in this very blog many times: I don't know what I did right that I've come to know such nice people.

Friday I was toiling away at work, minding my own business (literally), when what should arrive on my desk but a surprise package. From none other than Jellybean herself, a woman who like myself (and some others round here) knows there's nothing in this life quite as good as getting surprises through the mail.

Well, hell, I was excited just seeing the box, but when I opened it, it was chock full of goodies. I got some cool Halloween toys, a collapsible Frankenstein and ghost, and a brand new Hard Rock Cafe pin from Indianapolis! That just rocked. (hard.) Thanks to Jellybean for being such a sweetie and a thoughtful friend. And now here's a picture of my loot for all to see:



and...



Excellent.

And finally, the recipe du jour, well, to paraphrase the old Monty Python Conquistadore Coffee Ad sketch, the recipe du jour gives new meaning to the word vomit. There's really no other way to say it, so without further ado may I please introduce to you all - The Potato Salad Log!



First of all, let it be said right off the bat that I don't really want to eat anything with "log" in its name. Now, second of all, the idea of a potato salad log boggles the mind.

OK, now the outside of the log here is - mashed potatoes. Yep, you make up some mashed potatoes, roll them out on tin foil, then put potato salad on them and roll them up. Potato salad in potatoes. There's so much starch in this dish I daresay the whole family could be standing erect for days after a serving. That's just wrong.

According the The Card, we're supposed to enjoy (if we dare) this log with cold turkey loaf (we don't even get it warmed over??), tomato salad, and pineapple chiffon pie. Rolaids, anyone?

By the way, please stay tuned - there will be an acro this week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I took my very first sips of wine post-op tonight. About three. That was Olympic for me, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home