Thursday, September 30, 2004

Thursday Thoughts

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bee:

Today is the first day in about 3 weeks that I haven't killed at least one bee at the Poderosa.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like being a bee-killer, but they're invading my house. Every day I come home, be it for lunch or after work, and I have at least one bee in my house. They're generally in the kitchen window, though sometimes they're in the living room window or crawling around on the den-ette floor. Yesterday at lunch I killed three. I think there's a hive on my roof somewhere.

So I wouldn't say I'm covered in bees; I'm covered in bee.

Anyway, I'm hoping Fall will oust the bees and bring my ladybugs back.

No Thanks, My Wife Owns Ketchup

I had something happen to me I've never heard of before. John Kerry gave me my money back.

A while back, I sent some money to my favorite Anybody But Bush candidate. I'd had the letter for some time, just had to wait till I had a little extra cash after bills. I sent my contribution and thought nothing more of it.

Till today, when I got a letter from the Kerry campaign. I opened it, thinking it'd be one of those "Thanks for the money, can we have some more" letters, but instead it was a letter saying they were sending me my money back. And there folded in the letter was my uncashed check.

Turns out there's a law out there that says I can't give John Kerry money after he's accepted his party's nomination. I can give it to some sort of Kerry committee, but not him himself. So they did ask if I'd kindly write another check, only to the appropriate committee, which I will kindly do.

Weird, though. I was sitting there at work saying, "They don't want my money!"

Half Of My Brain Is Celebrating Tonight

I hope everyone took a moment or two today to wish a very happy birthday to my wonderful, cool, and sexy bud, who shares a brain with me, the one and only Stennie. Not only can Stennie make me laugh like crazy, she can write like a mofo, she's in the process of making a film, and she's the best Chicken In A Pot player I've ever met in my entire life. She also forced me to watch the "South Park" movie, for which I will forever be in her debt. And her shout of "Travis Comes Alive!" in Reno made me laugh so hard I almost lost a lung.

Here's to you, Stenns!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Mr M gave me a book last night about dealing with low self esteem. He told me it was a free pick from his new book club, The Behavioral Science Bookclub. I said, "Ah, they ring a bell, you buy a book?" I actually made him laugh! Really laugh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, i really like it. I also have a site about weber clarinet concerto
. If you are interested, please visit it here: weber clarinet concerto

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home