Thursday, September 16, 2004

Waiting to Float

I'm sitting here in the cool - no, actually, the cold - of my comfy home. Outside it's hot and the air is thick. We're supposed to be getting some Ivan fallout tonight.

The estimates are varying depending on who you talk to. Anywhere from 4 to 6 to 8 to 14 inches to 2 feet of rain is expected.

It's funny - not funny haha, funny queer - the Poderosa has a creek behind it, and it's gotten up before, never enough to scare me, but it's gotten up in my neighbors' yards. But this is the first time in the three years of homeownership that I'm a bit concerned. I'm a little worried.

I don't know why, there's nothing I can do about the weather, whether it comes or not. And the weird thing is, I don't know if I'm worried that water will rise enough to get into my house (and it would have to rise a lot for that), or if I'm worried enough water will get up to close the roads and I won't be able to get out of town this weekend.

I don't know if I'm worried about being here and having water permeate my house, or having water permeate my house when I'm away from it.

I don't know. All I know is that the air is still so heavy it makes you tired, and the rain hasn't started yet, and I just have an overall feeling of ickiness.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* It could be swimming, swimming, swimming this weekend. Rowing, canoeing, and whitewater rafting.
* My myway.com fortune today, which I read for some strange reason - it's at the bottom of the page and I seldom see it - was this: Take time to remember fourth grade. I did that. I don't know why I'm supposed to, though. I did think fondly of Miss Philpott, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home