Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Acro (*cough cough*) Winners!

Helloooooo. Well, what an interesting 24 hours I've just suffered through. I saw my fever go from 98.7 to 101.8 in less than two hours, then stay there all night. I couldn't swallow, I couldn't sleep. Sick, sick, sick. This morning I made a perfectly innocent and honest call to my mom to bring me some Tylenol since I had none, and she took it upon herself to come over and "take care of me," which entailed ensconcing herself in my house, watching soap operas, and washing my clothes, even though I pleaded with her to please not do so because 1) the noise was making my head explode and 2) now I'll have to search all over creation when I want to wear something. (I guess I should explain that I'm very anal about my laundry, what's washed with what, and what goes where once its done.)

Anyway, once the soap operas began, I harbored myself away in the bedroom and got some really quality sleeping done. I think that helped me more than anything else.

So, let's get right to the acrothingie.

This week's topic was "Ode To Mowing Boy." And boy, did we get some good odes. I laughed, I cried, my life was changed. The letters were N I E T A Q F. The entries:

*Navy, I entreat thee, a quiet front.
*Niftily I embeautied turf, and quite fast.
*Navy! I eschew those Army queer fucks!
*Now I escape these ants. Quite fun!
*Naval inseams evoke tight asses -- quelle frisson!
*Now is Elizabeth's terminal appointment. Quite forlorn. :-(
*Newly itinerant, ever tireless, a quiet fighter.
*Never in ever trimming again quaint flowers.
*Navy is enlisted, to avoid queer friends.
*No imbicile, even tallented - alas, queasy farewell
*No innocent, Elizabeth taunted adolescent, quick farmboy.
*Never Ignored Elizabeth. Tight Ass. Quite fabulous.
*Neat in every trim. Always quietly faithful.
*Never, I expounded, truer athlete. Quick feet.
*Naval instructions engage; time allows quick fallow.
*Now I end trimming and quietly follow.
*Nimble in edging, trees ache, quiet fellow.
*Newly inducted ensign to abdicate quelling fescues.
*Neat, ideal edges; Toro; A quirky father.
*Never inadvertently, Elizabeth's towel always quickly fell.

Wow. Now there are some awesome odes. Let's get right to the winners.

Two Honorable Mentions this week: a very true one, DeepFatFriar's "Navy, I entreat thee, a quiet front." Amen to that. And a very untrue one, Mike's "Never inadvertently, Elizabeth's towel always quickly fell." No way. It was always inadvertently, and there was always a goodly amount of time before the falling.

This week's runner-up goes to Flipsy with "Now I end trimming and quietly follow." You know, that's way sadder and sadder the more I think about it.

And this week's winner I feel encapsulated all to me that is Mowing Boy. Dear, sweet, brave, stalwart, valiant Mowing Boy. The winner is Kellie, with "Neat in every trim. Always quietly faithful." That he was. That he was.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go weep and take my temperature.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* You know, I must have been sick last night because I found myself at some point watching the football game. I hate pro football, and last night's game pretty much summed up why. Fucking instant replay. Instant replay is for losers and crybabies. It's like getting a call then suing your way out of it. I'm so glad the game-ending instant replay wasn't overturned. Nyah.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home