Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Acrowinners!

Hello, hello, hello. The time has drawn nigh and I'm donning my black robe as we speak. I don't do the powdered wig thing though. It's not me.

Our topic for Acrochallenge this week was "Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?" The letters were H A S D S E. The entries:

*He ate some diuretic swill. Emergency!
*Hen appeared. She danced. She ensnared.
*He's apparently seed-deposited someone's eggs.
*He ate some dank Swiss “endive.”
*Hardly alone, Salmonella desired sudden exclusivity.
*Hallucinating and salivating, drugged Salmonella escaped.
*Had Ants. Silly Dancing Seen. Egads!
*He Answered Sales Demonstration. Silly Edgar.
*Harry Asked. Sam Didn't Saunter, Either.
*Heard a second ditch succored everyone.
*Had a sexy dude, seductiveky enticing.
*Heeded asphalt-splattered duck, sought eternity.

It's a sparse turnout. I found that out only after I got all excited to see a whopping 13 comments in my comments section, only to find that someone entered acro nine times. I won't mention any names, but we all know who I'm talking about, don't we, Kellie?

Well, since she was so keen to play, Kellie gets an Honorable Mention with her "Harry asked. Sam didn't saunter, either." That's a very film noir answer to "why did the chicken cross the road."

Flipsy's chicky, however, was less fortunate. "He ate some dank Swiss "endive." Isn't all Swiss endive dank? Anyway, it gets an Honorable Mention.

Our runner-up this week is LilyG, who got right to the heart (well, of sorts) of the matter with her reason: "He ate some diuretic swill. Emergency!"

And leave it to the our winner this week, DeepFatFriar, to have a spiritual answer for us - "Heeded asphalt-splattered duck, sought eternity." I never knew it was for a higher cause.

Thanks to all who played. And played, and played, and played, and played.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Did you know I have a fake Prada bag? I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home