Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Acrowinners!

Well, dammit, I've done it again. Or should I say you've done it again. I created a topic that invited such good acros I'm never going to be able to choose.

But choose I must.

This week's topic was, "So, Why Were You Late For Work?" The letters were L D N. The entries:

*Latter Day Nuns.
*Late? Didn’t notice.
*Locked door! Nuts!
*Large Deer. Nimble.
*Loving Danny Nakedly.
*'Larm Didn't Neee-Neeep.
*Long, dyspeptic night.
*Look, don't nag.
*Lily's darned necking.
*Lopsided, dirty necktie
*Leaping doberman nearby
*Lacerated, drooping nads
*Lost, drunk, naked.
*Lybians deployed nukes.
*Lustily deflowering Nancy.
*Lazy. Did nap.
*Lousy damn night...
*Lamentably, divorcing Ned.
*Loaded diapers. Nasty.
*Licking David's...nevermind.
*Little diarrhea, nosy.

There's not a single one of you here that doesn't deserve to be a winner, folks.

OK, I'm going to start now. Our first Honorable Mention goes to the soon-to-be-famous (after she plays her oboe solo on the radio Saturday) Kellie, with "'Larm Didn't Neee-Neeep." That one's great because 1) it's my #1 excuse for being late for work, and 2) that's the exact sound my alarm clock makes. Good one, Kel.

Another honorable mention goes to DeepFatFriar, whose excuse for (I guess one would be stumbling) stumbling in late would be "Lost, drunk, naked." I haven't used that one before, although I'm not saying it hasn't happened.

This week's runner-up is Mike with another I've used. "Long, dyspeptic night." (Even though Mike once gave me the coolest ever excuse to miss work: "Just tell them, 'I'm too cool to come in today,'" he said.)

But our winner this week - LilyG, who I can actually in my mind see breezing into work at about 10am, waving a dismissive hand, and saying, Licking David's...nevermind. I would say I dream of being able to use that one one morning, but since my dad's name is David, I guess it would be kinda creepy. Hmmm, maybe David Strathairn....

Anyway, thanks to all who played for making this one of the more fun acros we've had. *sniff* All my clever and witty friends.... Excuse me while I go get misty-eyed.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* My movie watching has officially come to a damn standstill. I'm doing way too much at the moment and weekends, normally optimal movie-watching time, are completely taken up with all things musical. I only watched two movies in September! Lord have mercy. DFF brought a movie with him to B'burg this weekend, "The Dreamers," and we were going to watch it, but the time never materialized. So I think I'm going to officially blow off band tomorrow night (which would save me 2 trips to B'burg and 1 to R'noke in four days), and rent that movie and have a relaxing night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home