Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Catching Up

Thank you friends, for your concern. I am feeling better today, moreso now than during the workday, but I went into work nonetheless. I blew off band tonight because I didn't feel like traveling again, knowing I'll be doing a lot of traveling this weekend.

Instead, I spent most of the evening watching the big QVC shoe sale - that was disappointing. I mean, I know it's for a great cause, and I should be happy for every pair of shoes they sell, but I couldn't dial their friggin' number before the shoe I wanted sold out!

And so I ended up empty-handed. Or empty-footed, as the case may be.

One thing I've really been needing - and wanting - to do is some major catching up. All this being gone, going up the mountain, going to Mr M's, going for pedicures, going for haircuts, going to band practice, going to concerts.... Well, if you have a blog and you've noticed a distinct lack of comments from me in it, it's simply because I never get to read you anymore!

I've just been really behind in things. First of all, our dear Jellybean has reinstated her blog, in the form of a 'zine of her creative writing. It's now linked over there on my Blogroll. And though I've had her on my Blogroll, I don't know if I ever made the announcement that Flipsycab has also revived her once-dead blog (and her latest entry, about the use of "gay" as an adjective, is something we all need to read). Michelle, Ms Dishy, has changed her website address, and I finally updated that link on my Blogroll. (She now has her own domain name - www.fredthewebsite.com - oooh!) And finally, a site I pop into now and then and get tremendous laughs out of, 5ives, has now been added to the Blogroll.

And to LilyG and Bitterspice, I'm finally gonna catch up on your work. Between tonight and tomorrow night, I surely am.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I've actually been working on something artistic. If it all comes together, I might show you.
* Wanna hear something embarrassing? I seem to have gotten hooked on the British version of "The Weakest Link." Yeah, I know. I hate Anne Robinson too, but the game itself fascinates me. I like the mechanics of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home