Thursday, October 28, 2004

I Knew I Liked You, I Just Didn't Know I Liked You That Much

Life is just a little too hectic for me nowadays.

This is the last weekend of Oktoberfest, which is hard to believe. It all went so fast this year. And I'm really going to miss it. I doubt yall will, either miss me talking about it or miss it taking up Picture Sunday every week.

Tomorrow night will be graced by my sister, brother-in-law, and Mr Taytie. Then Saturday night, the last night, will be a whirlwind of liquor-fueled sightreading (Ed always calls audibles from the playbook the last night), serious partying - and then tearing down the whole setup, the wires, speakers, lights, everything. Then it'll be down the mountain one last time. And yes, I'll have a designated driver.

I had to go get shorn tonight after work, same style only shorter, and came home with a new leave-in conditioner. It's really nice that my hair isn't falling out as much anymore, but its texture is something akin to a Brillo Pad heated up in a cast iron skillet. I used to worry about the fact that after running my fingers through my hair I had a handful of hair. Now I worry because my fingers get stuck in there and I can't get them out.

Then I went by the folks' for dinner (and a little Hokie football watching), since they're leaving for Florida on the weekend.

Then it was back here and CD burning. Seems I've become DTFP's (from Sauerkraut Band) musical heroine, because I saw the Smiths live back in the 80s. Turns out I promised her I'd make her some Smiths/Morrissey CDs, which I found out a week later, seeing as how we were both extremely drunk when the first conversation took place. She remembered it, though, and so I'm working on stuff.

Funny thing is, today when I went and unearthed the Smiths stuff I have on CD, I knew I also had a Morrissey solo CD as well. Well, imagine my surprise - in my "old CDs I don't really listen to" drawer I found not one, not two, not three, but six Morrissey solo CDs. Six! Just count 'em, I know you won't. There are Morrisseys I didn't know I had. There are Morrisseys I'd never listened to. There were Morrisseys I didn't know existed!

I'm awash in Morrissey CDs!

So I've finished the first, and have everything lined up for the second.

Then tomorrow it's work, well, work after I go by the bank and clear up the fact that my house payment, which I sent in 10 days ago, never got to the bank, and I'm going to have to stop payment on that check and write them another one lest I be late on my payment. That sucks mightily, not so much that the Post Office can't get a bill from their office to the bank, which has a PO Box less than 2 miles away, but that I'm going to have to pay to stop payment on a check at the bank where my loan is anyway. Geez, shouldn't they give me a little break?

Then it's getting ready for tomorrow night during lunch, getting packed, clothes ready, horn ready, S & P ready - well, you know the drill.

However - I'm happy to announce that next week...I'm on vacation! I'm not going anywhere, but I don't care. I just know I'm not going to work.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Things have been so hectic, in fact, that I forgot to put up the Olympic Update last night.
* Did I mention that I do in fact have six Morrissey CDs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home