Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Acrowinners!

The polls have closed, at least they have in Betland, and we have some entries in our Election Day Acrochallenge.

The topic was, of course, "Election Day." The letters, I E T N N. The entries:

*I'm exuberant -- this nonsense nears.
*"I'm elected!" -- The nutty neocon.
*It's election time -- neener neener!
*I elected Ted Neeley, Nazarene.
*Ideally, everyone tells Nader "no."
*Incumbent eloquently thanks Navy, nepotism.
*Idiotic Elis threaten national nausea.
*Inconclusive election till next November.
*Inveterate electoral thieves negate nominations.
*Ivan's Environmentalist. Try Nader? Never.
*Interesting. Election Taker Noticed Nude.
*I Eventually Take Nap, Nevertheless.
*Interminable expecting! Tell news now!
*I eat ten nails nervously.
*Independence. Equality. Tolerance. Necessities. Now.

OK, and the ballots have been counted.

Although his first acro was in more of a lofty intellectual vein, I'm giving Honorable Mention to DeepFat Friar's other acro, "Inconclusive election till next November." I liked it more, pedestrian that I am.

This week's runner-up, because it made me laugh, was Kellie's "Interesting. Election Taker Noticed Nude." All I could find myself thinking was, "But where did he keep his photo ID?"

And this week's winner, well, as I've said before, there are good acros and great acros, and then there are classics, and I do believe we have us an Election Day classic. This week's winner is Stennie, with her "I elected Ted Neely, Nazarene." If only he were running, we could all say that.

Thanks to all who played, and everybody's acros were great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home