Monday, November 29, 2004

Picture Monday/Acrochallenge!

Well, let's try this mother again.

Welcome to an All-Singing, All-Dancing, All-Nude Post-Holiday Edition of Picture Monday Slash Acromania!

A glorious four-day weekend. And yet it all went by so fast.

I had dinner at my sister's on Thanksgiving. It was very nice, I but I ate approximately nothing. That's OK, though, I didn't die or anything. I was just afraid of eating too much, so I tended to go in the opposite direction.

Anyway, the day did produce the first of our pictures, a little number called "The Boys Celebrate Thanksgiving 2004."



How do you like S's pilgrim's hat? Cute, isn't it.

Friday was a whirlwind of activity for me. Remember those things I've been aiming to do on every vacation I've been in the Poderosa? Well, I did them all. In one morning. I painted the little blue nubs on my window panes from where I took down the curtain rods when I first moved in. And I painted over the sink in the bathroom, where, when changing sinks a year or so ago, the plumber banged up the wall and you could see about 20 years/layers of old paint/wallpaper on the wall in a strip overtop the new sink. Did that make any sense at all? Well, it doesn't matter now, because it's all fixed.

I also did the grocery, cleaned house, and pulled the dead flowers out of my flowerpots on the porch. What a busy bee and good citizen I am!

Mr M came down Friday night and we had the rare occurrence of not being able to finish two movies. One was "Andrei Rublev," the other was "The Last Temptation of Christ." Mr M mistakenly forgot "Andrei" and left him at my house. I might give him another go before I take him back to B'burg, he got eight stars on imdb.com.

** OK, Time for a quick round of Acromania! **

This week's topic is "Why I Just Couldn't Make It Through That Movie." Why did you have to just get up and leave the theatre, or pull it right off the video machine and take it back? I'm not going through the rules, we all know them, three entries apiece, I'll judge at 9pm est tomorrow night, and there'll be laughter and tears. Over Tia Marias.

E T N O I D

** OK, Back to Picture Monday **

I was woefully inept at capturing this weekend. Life gets boring, you know. So my next picture is going to be a picture I took a few years ago. I just like it for some reason.

As you may well know, I spent New Year's Eve 2000 with Stennie (and Eric) in Reeeeeeno. It was a blast, and I was going through some old pictures to try and post one here, and I found this one I took on the way out.

I took the train to Reeeeeeno, and on the way thought I'd be all cool and shit and take some black and white photos of the scenery. This is a building I liked in Denver, walkable from the train station.



And now time for the recipe du jour, which is a jour late. It's everybody's favorite after-Thanksgiving delight, the ol' Nut Roast!



Now, I'm going to be honest here. I just don't understand the Nut Roast. It's a meat loaf made with nuts. I mean, is that (sorry about the pun) nutty or what?! I mean, I'm looking at the recipe right here. It's basically a meat loaf recipe, heavy on the eggs, semi-heavy on the bread, but with nuts instead of meat. It actually is a nut loaf. I don't know, maybe after baking them for a half-hour or so the nuts get all soft and of a meaty consistency. Or not.

Anyway, asparagus, salad, baked potatoes, and butterscotch pudding are the sides for this one. Notice there are more sides. This is because this dish can't be healthy and nutritious.

Happy eating and happy acroing.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I really hate those commercials for Remax Real Estate. The ones that show their employees doing "other things," like playing horseshoes, running, or making pottery. They all fail hopelessly at their endeavours, presumably because they're so busy putting all their time and effort into real estate they don't know how to do anything else. I can only speak for myself, but I don't want my real estate agents, or anyone else, to work 24 hours a day at their job to the point where they know nothing of anything else. What boring clods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home