Sunday, November 07, 2004

Picture Sunday
OR
My Weekend - A Photo Essay

OK, guys, you wanted it (though you never came out and said it, but you know, I am a master mindreader), and now you've got it. No more Oktoberfest photos. Which left me in something of a quandry, I must say. It was back to life as normal for me. So I thought tonight I'd just tell you about my weekend with pictures.

It all started with a glorious Friday night with nowhere to go. No driving up the mountain, no getting drunk, no toasting and schunkeling. I celebrated, well, "celebrated," by staying home and spending the entire afternoon and a good portion of the evening organizing two of these:



I ended up with two brimming leaf and garden bags full of clothes I can't wear anymore. Normally packing away clothes I can't wear anymore is pretty much a downer, because said clothes are too small. The opposite was the case this time, so it was quite elating, if very tiring.

I think I've decided to just give the clothes to the local Mission. I flirted briefly (after it was suggested to me) with selling them on E-bay, but for the trouble it would be I just don't know if I'd make enough to go through the hassle. Anyway, to paraphrase Laura Petrie to Alan Brady, there must be some needy fat people out there. Hell, I'm a needy fat person, but I can't wear the clothes.

Next it was off to Mr M's on Saturday, where he made a lovely dish of this:



And it really was lovely, and made at my request. However, after about 1/2 meatball and three strands of spaghetti, I found myself looking into this:



And the heaving and losing ritual began. Remind me one day to tell you about having "The Foamies," which is the friendly term for the being sick a surgery patient goes through. I thought it was rather tame, but it grossed Mr M out, and he's not very grossable.

That all done and taken care of, I soothed myself with some of Mr M's famous coffee, and we watched this:


Oddly enough, I'd never seen it. It rekindled the flame of lust I have for Maximilian Schell. What a good-lookin' man. I've got to rent some more movies and have myself a Maximilian film fest. And a great movie, too. You know, I love anything where Nazis get theirs in the end (even though from the epilogue we realize the Nazis really didn't get theirs nearly enough).

Today, we did quite a bit of this:



Until I forgot yet again that it's only supposed to be for fun, and let it get the best of me yet again, and realized that I'll never be able, yet again, to play to the standards I set for myself.

And yet again, I spent the time afterwards acting like one of these:



On the way home, I tried to soothe myself with a couple of these:


But the only soothing would come from some serious thinking. About a couple of things I'm going to do in the future to try to be a little more constructive. At least I didn't reach for this, which I was seriously considering at one point during the drive home:


Good thing it was in the house and I was in the car.

Anyway, now I'm home, with clean closets and not much else, save a salad I got for dinner on the way in. Now it's laundry time and preparing to go back to work this week, which is going to be even harder since I had last week off. But before I sign off, of course, I had to look up the next in line for this:



Of course, the recipe du jour. Which isn't so much a recipe tonight as a melange. Now, I refuse to eat anything called a melange just on general principle, but this one is, well, melangier than your usual dish. Tuna, and cauliflower, and more snot on top (these recipes seem to be really hep on snot), and there, rising up like the burning balls of hate that they are, Brussels Sprouts! (To be honest, I like Brussels Sprouts, I just don't want them laying around in my melange.) And for some reason our host/hostess saw fit to serve the dish on the net from a fishing trawler. The Card says we should serve this with Grapefruit Salad and Low-Cal Whipped Raspberry Gelatin. Yep, serve this meal and you'll never be bothered by dinner guests again!

Happy Week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I really am sorry about the multitude of pictures here, I can imagine screaming comments from people saying my blog crashed their computers. I promise I'll never do it again.
* Really. I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home