Sunday, November 21, 2004

Picture Sunday

Well, it was a weekend, to be sure.

The first remark I have to make about it is, "Helloooo, Zantac." It seems I'm still getting sick when I eat anything out of the small realm of what I normally consume every day. Mr M and I went out to eat Saturday and blecch, right in the restaurant bathroom, then bllleeeecccccch, right back at his house. Yes, I did have my camera, but even I don't have enough bad taste to take a picture.

Then today during clarinet trios we made a pizza. I ate 2/3 of a piece and before you could say "Mama mia that's a spicy meatballa," it was hello bathroom. Lost that too.

I'm getting tired of throwing up. I went for a good two months without it and to it I say, "Banish thyself from my life, I'm tired of thee." I'm going to start tonight taking my liquid Zantac again, just to see if it helps. I can't live on a diet of salad and salami wrapped around a piece of cheese. Well, I can. I just don't want to.

First picture tonight? Well, my ring is back where it belongs, on my finger.


And happy to have it there.

Last night, after the eating and the throwing, and the premiere of Eddie Izzard's "The Definite Article," which was great and I recommend it to you all, I was left with nothing to do for a few minutes. And one of the three channels Mr M gets was showing that perennial favorite, "The Lawrence Welk Show."

First of all, Bobby and Someone (it wasn't Cissy) were dancing in gypsy garb. Then The Beautiful Norma Zimmer sang a hymn. In a dirndl. Not sure about that one. Then a guy played piano in pink and red ruffled sleeves. Then Myron Cohen played "Lady of Spain" on the accordion, dressed - as was the whole orchestra - in Irish green. And then this guy came on and sang "I've Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts." Dressed like this (what are those people called, I can never remember):


No, it's not idiots, there's another name for it. OK, so I watched way more of Lawrence Welk than I should have.

Anyway, clarinet trios. I'm sure I'm going to get kicked out of the trio. I suck, and I don't seem to be getting any better. And I keep getting lost and getting the wrong notes and yelling "Shit!" I don't think that'll go down very well in performance.

So anyway. The weekend was basically filled with all that: puking, Welk, and playing clarinet. Which, when you think about it, are all synonymous.

Hey, look at my flowers. Remember my pretty flower pots back on May 23? Ahh, my pretty flowers. Well, here's what they look like today:



I'm sure people drive by and think, "Hmm, so that's where the Addams Family moved." This weekend I'm pulling them out, I promise.

And finally, this week's piece de resistance.

Let that woman and her stupid-ass cheese sandwich that looks like the Virgin Mary go on Ebay for thousands of dollars. I have a miracle of my own.

This morning Mr M was kind enough to make pancakes for us, and I pulled a piece of pancake away with my fork - exactly in the shape of the state of Louisiana!



I mean, look at that. It's a vision. It almost makes me cry just to look at it. "Lawks a Mercy, this looks exactly like the state of Louisiana." *chomp* (My excitement is short-lived.)

And now to this week's recipe du jour. Well, it's a variation on Sherman's favorite dish. Every Wednesday when I go to band he and P have fish sticks. Well, this week's recipe is - Fish Sticks with Pineapple!



OK, those of you who've missed the really sickening recipes, take heart, this week's looking up. Here we have some fish sticks slathered with pineapple, juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce, laid upon their own little beach of rice. Actually, this picture makes me laugh out loud because it looks just like The Spawning of the Fish Sticks. Fish Sticks swimming upstream to mate.

The Card says have this with raw vegetables, rice, garden peas (as opposed to those awful street peas), and a lemon roll. But if you have these at all, you're a better person than I am.

Oh, who am I kidding. You are anyway.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Shout out to the nephew this weekend. Taytie is in GHS's competition play, and they won the regional, well, what would it be called? Play-off? Act-off? Anyway, they won. Now they go to the state competition. Taytie's main role (each kid has about 3 roles) is Purvis Wesley, the boy who invented rock and roll, where he gets to play guitar and sing "Hound Dog" on "The Ed Sullivan Show." But my favorite of his roles is a bit part where he's a kid who keeps saying, "We're going to Miami!"
* Please be advised that due to extra clarinet playing, the Director of Betland Security has changed the Betland Security Alert to "hinky." That's hinky. Don't get too close. You might get hugged, you might get bitten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home