Monday, December 13, 2004

Picture Monday

Delays, delays. You know, it's just been bedlam lately here in Betland. Actually, it's been bedlam in Bet. So once again, Picture Sunday has turned into Picture Monday, and if I don't get my ass in gear here, it may end up Picture Tuesday.

First things first, and I'm trying to put my pictures here in chronological order. I mentioned last week I bought a new wreath for the door, with lights and all. I got it hung and got out my Santa Plaque, and voila, Christmas Decorations. It's as good as it gets for me.



Also last week, I got a little surprise in the mail! And we all know the coolness of getting a surprise in the mail. From LilyG The Scary One, who went to South America not so long ago spreading the love through song. It's a Hard Rock Cafe pin from Rio! It's....it's....it's Jesus!



Ah, that is just excellent. Way excellent. Speaking of Hard Rock Pins, I was thinking about taking a snapshot of mine. And, well, so I did!



I still want to put them on a map. Maybe someday.

The band Christmas concert was Saturday night. It came and went, nothing special. No one died. Santa was there - and I mean the real Santa, folks, none of your everyday Joes in a fake suit. Sherman had his picture made, which I'll post in the gallery soon. But also in tow with me at the concert was my little friend Lily.

No, not that Lily. The other Lily.

I acquired Lily about 16 years ago. I used to take her everywhere with me. I've never flown without her, therefore she's been to London twice, and New Orleans once. She's been to Disneyworld and Epcot. She's been to New York City and Washington, DC. She used to come along to every band Spring concert with me. Then Lily started showing her wear. She developed a sizeable tear in her lil' purple body. And so now she mainly stays at home on the nightstand by my bed. But by darn, I decided to take her Saturday for a little Christmas cheer. And she decided to play bells.



And remember, when I get Sherman and Santa's (the real Santa) picture online I'll give you a shout.

Finally, let's take a look at our recipe du jour. And guys, call me crazy, I've been called worse, and fairly recently, but I think I'd eat this dish. It looks like a bowl of regurgitation, but I think I'd eat it. Welcome to the hell that is Beef Compote Casserole!




Oh, shit. I take back what I said. I thought this was like some eggs, meat, and tomatoes all jumbled together. I'm looking at the recipe and it's not. It's way not. It's eggs, beef, prunes, raisins, yams, honey, almonds, wheat bread.... This isn't compote, it's compost! This is "the night you clean out the cabinets" cooking! Prunes and yams? OK, I may still be crazy, but I'm not eating this. It can go blow.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:

*I had a very fine experience watching "Access Hollywood" while not sleeping during the wee hours of Sunday morning. I watched it while the closed-captioning was on the TV, and had that wonderful experience of listening to the show whilst seeing what the typing dialog was coming up as. The show was all about the great movies we love, and in their segment on "Raiders of the Lost Ark," the hostess was telling us how all the Indy movies were about to be released in a dvd set with plenty of bonus material. However, the closed-captioning told us it would have plenty of "bogus material." It also told us that if we were wondering where Indy's famous hat was now, it's in the Smith Sewn Yen.

*Forgive the look of this blog. It's not my fault; the spacing in Blogger seems to be totally fucked tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home